Star 2S box rebooting when selecting free view channels

Hello ,

This is my first thread so please excuse any lack of forum etiquette .

I have a Zegemma Star 2 S.
under image information it says Virtuosso Image extreme by Team Vix although during boot the screen says OpenTv or similar.
Around 4 months ago my guy put EPG import on it and I have been using IPTV with a line .
this has all been working very well bar the odd freeze every now and then.

I cam home from work to find "boot" displayed on the front of the box. It just kept booting itself over and over. I could hear the external HDD clicking loudly so could tell that it was broken as I've heard this noise from internal HDD and it's never a good sign.

I was able to turn off the power and managed to get it to boot up properly but noticed that when I changed to my freeview channels , the box would boot itself.

I have removed the offending external HDD and replaced it with a USB memory stick and set up swap file etc but the box still boots when I select any free view channels.
After booting the box will start on UK IPTV BBC 1 as it can't change to freeview BBC 1.

I thought it might be a Cross EpG issue but when I try to download the cross epg , the box will reboot itself .

I'm thinking about attempting a flash but I don't want to make things worse.

So , I can still watch IPTV no problems but the box reboots when selecting freeview.

I do have the dish connected and I tested with an old sky box earlier and it works fine.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

I would reflash your box mate vix isn't supported on zgemma make sure you have your line details and iptv details if using iptv

Just thought I'd update folk as it drives me nuts when people don't update with their solutions :-)

My box was goosed.

I ended up just buying a new shiny H2S.
All set up and all channels working .

Only issue I have as I can't populate all the EPG with EPG importer. I select the appropriate sources but it will only add events from International 1 IPTV and USA 1 IPTV.
It doesn't add any Rytec ones even though they are selected in sources.

if you are useing iptv should have got a mag box

but use xtream editor for your epg for iptv its a small fee probs takes about hour to add epg then all good

Back