Start-Up Problem Win 10

I have a refurbed PC with a fresh copy of Win 10 installed. It has 8 mb of RAN and a 500Gb hard-drive The PC is directly connected to my BB router via an ethernet cable.
The problem is that Windows is very slow to start. During startup a message appears on the black screen, it says " Client MAC Address D4 BE D9 etc etc . . . . then DHCP with a timer beside it.
Then after about a minute it flashes up "No boot file" and then begins to load windows.
I have discovered that the MAC address is actual the address of my PC. I'm not sure what a boot file is or does. Is this the cause of my slow start-up and if so can I create or download a boot file

Any help would be much appreciated, its a while since I have done any of this

I have a refurbed PC with a fresh copy of Win 10 installed. It has 8 mb of RAN and a 500Gb hard-drive The PC is directly connected to my BB router via an ethernet cable.
The problem is that Windows is very slow to start. During startup a message appears on the black screen, it says " Client MAC Address D4 BE D9 etc etc . . . . then DHCP with a timer beside it.
Then after about a minute it flashes up "No boot file" and then begins to load windows.
I have discovered that the MAC address is actual the address of my PC. I'm not sure what a boot file is or does. Is this the cause of my slow start-up and if so can I create or download a boot file

Any help would be much appreciated, its a while since I have done any of this
not sure if this the problem have you checked in bios boot manager try setting HDD as first boot device

not sure if this the problem have you checked in bios boot manager try setting HDD as first boot device
Thanks for your reply, I tried to get into the manager by press f8 repeatedly during start up but it didn't work. Googled it and that's what you are supposed to do. Also tried the f2 and f12 buttons but still not getting in.
I'll be away from pc now for an hour or so but I'll check back later thanks - it's a Dell small form factor pc if that makes any difference. Cheers

Thanks for your reply, I tried to get into the manager by press f8 repeatedly during start up but it didn't work. Googled it and that's what you are supposed to do. Also tried the f2 and f12 buttons but still not getting in.
I'll be away from pc now for an hour or so but I'll check back later thanks - it's a Dell small form factor pc if that makes any difference. Cheers
Sometimes it can be the delete key aswell, press repeatidly whilst pc is booting and that may take you into your bios, failing that search for how to get into bios from the name/make/model of your PC.

maybe try f1 or delete

Press "F2" during boot when the "DELL" logo appears.

Press "Fn"+"F1" after the computer has powered on if "F2" does not work. The BIOS menu will display with a list of options.

also when it boots look for the "Press F2 for Setup" message to know when to press the "F2" key to access the BIOS. These instructions usually appear at the bottom of the screen immediately after you turn on your computer.

you do need to get access to bios it it trying to boot of lan

if you have a spare hdd or ssd around and you have the product key around, connect another storage device too the sata, and go too Microsoft and download windows 10 onto a usb from another device if you have access, and install windows 10 onto the new storage and access bios on boot up and change it too that drive. sounds like windows is corrupt

if you have a spare hdd or ssd around and you have the product key around, connect another storage device too the sata, and go too Microsoft and download windows 10 onto a usb from another device if you have access, and install windows 10 onto the new storage and access bios on boot up and change it too that drive. sounds like windows is corrupt
reinstalling windows does not affect your access to bios thats loading before windows has even started

Yes absolutely nothing to do with windows just the setup in the bios. And also no key needed hardware ID has already been established even if you did change hard drive windows 10 will still be registered.

Thanks everyone for your replies - now sorted.
Baz12 you were correct. There were 4 boot options and booting from the hard drive was the last on the list. The first option was to boot from the NIC, most have been a networked pc in an earlier life. Its an Optiplex with an i5 processor by the way

Cheers everyone and thanks for taking the time to reply (y):love:

Back