Starview 7 help setup says not connected

snedz1967

I GOT A STARVIEW 7 YESTERDAY PUT THE NEW SOFTWARE SHOWMUSTGOon2. and enabled using 1819 got network set at auto gettin ip etc says scrambled on all channels except fta ?? have i done anything wrong been at it fi yesterdat and not get anywhere ?? are the servers down

yeah brand new box didnt have any software on it put the newest on it so how long does it take for starview to sort out ????? been a day already ?? do i just leave box on wi lan connected???

i have tried everthing i found so far will hae a look and see thanks

Added after 7 minutes:

so might be starview thats down do u know how to enter servers manually???

Added after 9 minutes:

sounds like i need f new software for starview 7 tried the older files still getting not connected will have to wait and see ?? IF ANY ONE KNOW HOW TO ENTER SERVERS MANUALLY A STEP BY STEP GUIDE WOULD BE GOOD CHEERZ

Last edited:
if i bought this box could i connect it to my exsiting sky dish .? and would i need to bo connected to the internet to recieve channels

o might be starview thats down do u know how to enter servers manually???

You cannot register the starview manualy, you will have to wait until starview register the mac addresses on boxes themselves. wether this will require another update remains to be seen.

Added after 5 minutes:

if i bought this box could i connect it to my exsiting sky dish .? and would i need to bo connected to the internet to recieve channels

This is a cable box anthonytimo, not a satellite box. Have a read of the stickies in the Starview and Kryptview forums.

Last edited:
ohh .. iv got a cable line too .. what would i need to set it up please?

First of all you will need to decide which of the 2 current boxes you may want to purchase - Kryptview A780 or Starview 7.
You will need to do some thorough research of the relevant boxes in their respective forums on this site, and weigh up pros and cons, and decide for yourself if cable is on the way out or not.

You will require a splitter to split your existing cable feed.
A working internet connection.
A router of some type, wireless router is fine.
A Null modem cable to flash a Kryptview (sometimes supplied with the box), or a USB flash drive to flash a Starview.

All the info you require and tutorials are in the relevant forums, you need to spend a lot of time there doing research.

PS Open a new thread in the future as this is a dedicated thread as the title suggests.

try powering off at rear box modem and router for 1 min,that is 3 units if you have them all to see if it connects then when you power it on,give it 2 mins to see if it works for you.

We have all been conned by starview etc as no 12 months which is now obvious to all,they are going to take subs but cant guarentee it will stay on lol

F***ing Starpoo

I am having the same problem, my box went off on monday saying not connected done all the usual stuff turned off box and router, pulled leads out, factory default and flashed it again 1819 but still not connecting!:whacko: oh and expiry date was Nov:willy nilly: Any ideas anyone?

Back