starview hd combo bricked

chad123

hi there can anyone help me I tried the svhd+lan fix mac and firmware fix and it as bricked my box is there anything out there to help me get it bock on thanks

the software is in d/loads
if it does not move then try another pc i had to !!!
THIS IS FOR THE STARVIEW HD COMBO + ONLY IF YOURS DOES NOT HAVE A LAN PORT DO NOT USE THIS FIX!!!!!

You will need:

A computer with a serial port

A Null modem 9 pin serial cable (as used on the starview 1 - 3)

Connect the SV HD to the computer using the serial cable and attach to mains (leave turned off by switch on back)

UNZIP the file downloaded

open HD-200_Download.exe

Choose COM 1 (unless you have connected it to a different port)

Select software (HD300N_SC_RS232_1.bin)

Turn on receiver with rear switch

bar will start counting to 100%

WAIT UNTIL SOFTWARE SAYS COMPLETE!!!!

Turn off receiver and back on

P.S. This will also recover 'bricked' SVHD's (if there are any lights still on)

Once complete the receiver will be as factory provided.

If your Starview HD has lost its MAC address this is what you need to do next:

Go to accessory - network - ip config

Set IP to manual

You can now edit the MAC address back to the original receivers address - Your mac address is on a sticker inside the receiver (you can see it through the vents on the top)

apply then exit.

hi jct thanks for you reply but I have tried this and nothing happens just got the red light on the front of the box it just seams there is no dater transfer from the pc to the box

i had that just never moved off 0% i had to do it on my pc as it was for a friend then it worked

have (can) you try another pc ?

stsrview combo mac

P
depends if laptop has comport tho :(

My box is not bricked but I want to go back to factory firmware tried svhd fix but bar stay on 0 %
I'm tring to get sat side as I already don paid server.
Please help anyone
Thanks

belive me i had this problem (firmware tried svhd fix but bar stay on 0 %)

i tried it on my pc and it worked this takes it back to virgin state

it does work straight away like 10 seconds and bar moves waited ages at another house

I
belive me i had this problem (firmware tried svhd fix but bar stay on 0 %)

i tried it on my pc and it worked this takes it back to virgin state

it does work straight away like 10 seconds and bar moves waited ages at another house

Hi thanks
Do tried again it stey on 0%, how long do I hv to wait ,does it work with win 7 and I'm using use adaptor it recognise com 3 connects?
Please help

i used win 7 you could try right click and do it in admin mode ( OR ANOTHER GOOD PC ) i did use com 1 tho but just have to try it

JCT
Thanks I got 2 pc with xp will try tonight ill update tomorrow?
Sorry one more question at the moment box got Guinness firmwate, u suggested groovrrider then calling I only want to use box as sat cs do I hv to install calling as well ?
Thanks again..

By the way this is sorted now I used I computer with window millennium took atleast 20 min to do svhd fix

Last edited:
JCT
Last night installed grooverider then carling, scan cable side got all channels list all scrambled check in network in upstream connecting then error code (0), so gave up hop,
But on sat side scan all channels list put cs server details and bang on all channels inc hd, haven't tried for long so I can't tell freezing and glitches.
I got 3 moths sub with server so see how it goas with this box.

I think my starview hd is bricked. All im getting is a red light on the front panel and nothing else. Ive tried using the software listed in the first post and it is staying on 0% I have tried 4 computers now, vista 32bit, vista 64bit, windows 7 64bit and windows xp 32bit. also tried compatibility mode. what else is there to try? :(

Yeah of course lol. I'd be happy if I could get the scrambled signal message up but box just wont do anything. I think the technical term is fudged

When I said software I was referring to the software packaged as SVHD+FIX.zip containing HD-200_Download and HD300N_SC_RS232_1013.bin. I've been trying to revive the box with that but it's just staying on 0% and it's been like that for 4 hours. Firmware wise I was running the latest knightrider firmware from the toolbar.

I was scanning channels and then the box switched itself off and now nothing happens when I boot it up. Just get the red light stay on nowt else happens with it.

Back