Starview Update

m1nz

I have read that starview have had some issue with some card readers which have been burned out and that replacements have been ordered from China, these could take a few days to arrive. It's not the end of the world just a temporary glitch.

ps -you forgot too mentionb its the chinese new year and most places will bve closed until monday 7th feb, whicjh means parts arriving 4-5 days later !!!!

I have read that starview have had some issue with some card readers which have been burned out and that replacements have been ordered from China, these could take a few days to arrive. It's not the end of the world just a temporary glitch.

if there is any truth in the above, i find it very strange they wouldn't have back ups any way...this box has been such a let down, and like i read else where on here i cant be leave there's been no comments from starview themselves

At the end of the day you have made the choice not to pay VM for the full service. Why should you expect Starview to make comments. No box is a guarantee. You take the risk.

chill guys.. 2 months use and you've saved based on the full VM package so no one's lost out.....unless they've had it less than 2 months of course.

does anyone really know whats going on with sv or are u all guessing if its down its down and we will all have to wait for it to come back on line,thats no problem but i would like to know if as some people are saying sv are no more and there will be no return to service it would be nice to have that confirmed so we can put other opitions into place.

so please if someone really knows whats going on then pls let me know cheers gippo

by Brian Turner
Three men have been arrested in Derbyshire on suspicion of trying to defraud Virgin Media, through use of a large number of modified cable boxes.

A Starview card share server, able to deliver subscription cable TV programming for free to the boxes, is also rumoured to have been shut down in connection with with the arrests.

Anthony Ginnivan, Melvyn Howard and Jong You were charged at Southern Derbyshire Magistrates’ Court on Friday, after a police raid at Fernwood Close, Littleover, on Tuesday.

Prosecutor Andrea Charity said that 44,000 modified cable boxes were said to be involved, though did not state how many of these had been sold directly.

The busted operation is rumoured to have involved the large scale sale of modified Starview boxes, connected to a Starview server on a subscription basis.

This would allow buyers to access premium TV content from Virgin Media without having to pay for it. However, they would need to pay the accused a smaller monthly fee to access the server providing the free TV.

While the Starview server was said to be located in Asia, and therefore outside the direct jurisdiction of UK law enforcement, it appears to have been shut down anyway.

Detective Sergeant Graham Prince, said: “We have been working closely with Virgin Media as part of an investigation into TV fraud. It is alleged that this is a key part of an operation to defraud Virgin Media.”

Malcolm Davies, Virgin Media’s head of fraud and security said: “We take this matter extremely seriously and will continue to work closely with all the police forces throughout the UK to prosecute individuals connected with this type of TV fraud.

So what are the alternatives, obviously paying the extortionate fees that VM and SKY charge is out of the question. I'll be waiting for another week or so but whats next ????

if people read the forum posts there is another better box working still:faint:(y)

too many things can happen and nobody knows for sure if or when back,your choice how long you wait or get a backup box.

the whole idea is to read the posts first(y)it saves us doing groundhog day again and again and again.

sv server

lets all be honest the sv server isnt goning to come back on line if it was then it would by now after all its bad for business its funny that kyrptveiw is still running so what do we all do go buy kv then in 12 months that will go down and sv will be back up and running its just a way of gettin money.
no body out there has been able to post any concrete statement regarding sv cos they just dont know sv server is somewhere in asia ask yourself why sv havent said anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:whacko::whacko::whacko:

This isn't an update, this is a rumour that started sometime last week it's brought up on a lot of these threads. And I don't believe it for one second. SV a multi million pound company would have had stock of these and all burn out together!!. If it was true I'm sure SV would have released a statement to quell everyones fears. I really hope its true, but I fear the worse. @cactikid - If you think the "better box" is safe, think again.

Some people seem to be a bit warped on this situation. Like they are unhappy that SV haven't come out with any info and called it unproffessional.
Now IF SV are the ones who have created the server and the exploit around Nagra (I say IF as I haven't seen any evidence of them admitting that) then why the hell are they giong to come out now and give ANYBODY ANY information on it. They are a legitimate company that sells FTA boxes. If they published ANY information anywhere and VM got hold of that then they would be sued into the depths of hell and their production line would be shut down permenantly.

So all those who are upset at not having an update from anyone, let alone SV, please engage your brains for a couple of minutes and see if you can understand why they would not do this.

ON the subject, I have heard it was an issue with the card readers from another source but how true that is time will tell.

no one expects a full statement fom SV but Acknowledgement that the server or system is down, KV let certain people know what's happening and that is passed on through various forums

All we get is my m8 overheard that's it gettn switched back on next month

Starview can have servers that cheat vermin out off thousands a year but can't make a statement!!!!!!

no one expects a full statement fom SV but Acknowledgement that the server or system is down, KV let certain people know what's happening and that is passed on through various forums

All we get is my m8 overheard that's it gettn switched back on next month

Starview can have servers that cheat vermin out off thousands a year but can't make a statement!!!!!!

agree no one was expecting them to make statement in the national news papers , but some thing released to mods in forums to pass on info to us is not hard is it

Back