Starview Update

as i have said before no-one really knows whats going off with sv the only question i have is how long i wait and see....or do i buy a kv or go done the spider 9000 route,sv may be a legitamete company who supply a fta box but lets be straight who in there right mind would pay £100 + for a fta box we buy it cos we all know it does other things so it must be bad for business for them!!!!!! kv stockests are running out of supplys i think that the spider 9000 might be the way forward has any one got any experience of using one whats the pros and cons ?

no one expects a full statement fom SV but Acknowledgement that the server or system is down, KV let certain people know what's happening and that is passed on through various forums

All we get is my m8 overheard that's it gettn switched back on next month

Starview can have servers that cheat vermin out off thousands a year but can't make a statement!!!!!!

OK maybe you have missed my point. Or maybe I have missed something all together.

Where are people getting the information from that Starview are responsible for the servers? Have they ever claimed responsibility for this? I'm thinking not due to the legal implications of doing so.

So therefore, my point is, if they haven't admitted they are responsible for hosting the servers, why would they then hand out information about them being down?

Like I say, have I missed something in all this?

No problem Phil I think everyone assumes Starview run their servers and KV theirs, KV never release any statements either but you hear through the grapevine exactly what's going on that was my point

we are all guessing regarding sv i think i will buy a spider 9000 and go down that route if sv comes back on i will ebay it is s@@t....

Lets face it thats the way the cookie crumbles you pay your money you take your chance they only reason it's down is because of greed I say greed because it's been going on for years upon years but the moment you make it a commercial product you kill it I worked in the business long enough a % of fraud is good because It sells basic service and basic service sales is good compared to money in the pocket of the rival But when you bring a commercial product out that completely swamps the expected fraud cap what is the obvious outcome ???

Here is a question Why would a cable tv operator go from a system that ONLY transmitted the transport stream you requested into your house AS IN no other channel information whatsoever to a system that transmits everything from a headend into your home and then allowed the box to decide what you can and cant watch ??... Because it sells people dont want to buy a service that can't be ripped off as long as the % fraud stays exceptable then the operator is happy.

If it wasnt for the likes of SV and KV amongst others who brought a mass produced product to the streets and got all the forums buzzing then it would still be classed as a black art and in order to do it you still needed to know that friend of a friends uncle who new somebody who drank in a pub with the dodgy geezer that nobody trusted who had a m8 who lived in colubia..... Yes I have added fuel to the fire here but lets just get over it I like the rest of you have enjoyed every minute I have had my stuff for a one off payment and now we are paying for the greed aspect of others I'm not going to get into the argument of mine is better than yours my dads bigger than your dad argument at the end of the day the begining of the end started with N3 you can no longer be anonymous you will always leave a fingerprint. Look at the next gen stuff when it hits iptv scary funny old thing back to that one transport stream coming into your house and nothing else where do we go then that is the question.

Opps that was a long first post great forum btw guys

We are all going around in circles the original info was (some card readers which have been burned out and replacements are on order from china) now if you think about it –it was Chinese new year that week it happened, also if you ever have ordered anything from china the you know even by dhl it takes a week or more, the sv peeps have to install them, test them and try to get them online without crashing everything again,
Yes it is frustrating but that’s the game people :beg::willy nilly::willy nilly::willy nilly:

what sources says the card reader is down its just a rumour someone has made up the card reader has a life span sv know that so they would have spares and as for all this rubbish about chinese new year.....what a joke i heard sv is down cos the guy who runs the card readers has got a job at mac donalds face facts theres no more sv

I can back up drbessco here. I ordered a new lappy battery from hong kong on Jan 27 after chasing it up having received no confirmation I got a e-mail saying because of the spring festival it would not even be posted before 12 Feb. So could all be true.

Back