Stbemu buffer issues

brummy

Hi all first post and hoping someone can come to my rescue.

Im running stbemu pro (2.0.4) on a firestick lite (Ethernet) and some of my channels seem to drop/buffer every 1-2 minutes. It’s not every channel but it can get frustrating.

I’m using ijk media player as this seems to be the best and I’ve set the buffer range to 15 (which is the highest).

I’ve tested my subscription on my iPhone and it’s the same problem (ruling out hardware and isp issues).

The only thing I can think of it’s not the most recent version of stbemu, does anyone else have any input that could highlight what the issue could be.
Thanks in advance for taking the time to read/reply to my post.

There’s been major issues recently with iptv so it’s a game of give and take with streams every provider is in the same boat anyone says different then there chatting bubbles

Im running stbemu pro (2.0.4) on a firestick lite (Ethernet) and some of my channels seem to drop/buffer every 1-2 minutes. It’s not every channel but it can get frustrating.

I’m using ijk media player as this seems to be the best and I’ve set the buffer range to 15 (which is the highest).

I’ve tested my subscription on my iPhone and it’s the same problem (ruling out hardware and isp issues).

The only thing I can think of it’s not the most recent version of stbemu, does anyone else have any input that could highlight what the issue could be.
Ask your provider for his Android app and try that, if it's the same, get a new provider

Thank you all for the fast replies, I will go through each 1 and hopefully get a resolution to the issue 👍🏻

Hey Brummy - I’m experiencing similar on my STBEmu app, did you find a resolution?
Slow internet or nanny settings still active on your ISP's setting or a provider issue. It is that simple really mate. Go through them to find the issue.

Thanks Ferret! Internet looks to be good, getting about 370Mb on WiFi most days. Nanny settings I need to check. The UI on STBEmu I’m using changed after the provider had a server crash (more modern vs the older, darker UI). Seems glitchy since then, so it’s hard to know whether it’s related to the UI or IPTV. I see your thread with the latest STBEmu link Ferret, so I’m going to do a clean install with that again to be sure.

Hi I know this is old, but I would just like to put my 2 pence in, stb have issues with versions ie 20.01 could be rubbish but 20.10 could be good (So try another version of the app), the other I would try 1st as it screwed me was the internal player is 100% rubbish, try VLC or mx player pro or others. also if you ever get sound and black screen change the player and it should come on. the other thing is if you want save favorites (Yellow button in movies/ tv shows you can use your Tv remote ie sony remote etc, some dont work but you can youtube how to change firestick color buttons/fav / search etc, if color button dont work on you tv remote you should set them to 1,2,3,4 on you tv remote as you will not use them much. as this will change what that button does. the youtube video will tell you.

Hi another this that will help you would be to get the best firestick as them lite versions are bad and I would only buy a 4k or above as they work far better and quicker & better wifi which will effect your viewing.

Used Stb Emu for years, had no problems, but what I did notice, if the freezing was happening, I would turn off the sly modem/router and leave it off for 15 minutes, this would cool it down, and the issues would be gone, you have to remember poor air circulation, and how hot the units went, I would also turn off the Android TV box to.

Back