Still no solution for mcamd not working on 6.3?

c11cha

Hi gang, I know this is an issue but I've only just updated my zgemma h2s to 6.3

I usually run the WB build but im going to try the optenatv.6.3 as is for now. ive got the e2istream on it ok and still searching for the "add vpn easy" plugin if I can find it......

so how do I get my CWS line working? ive downloaded the softcam for it, I've also put the line in the usr/keys folder and its still not working. any help would be appreciated..... ive been at this today for 5 hours doing two boxes :)

Hi gang, I know this is an issue but I've only just updated my zgemma h2s to 6.3

I usually run the WB build but im going to try the optenatv.6.3 as is for now. ive got the e2istream on it ok and still searching for the "add vpn easy" plugin if I can find it......

so how do I get my CWS line working? ive downloaded the softcam for it, I've also put the line in the usr/keys folder and its still not working. any help would be appreciated..... ive been at this today for 5 hours doing two boxes :)
you need the softcam feed 4.3 from Resources section, then after it's installed, reboot and install softcams from downloadable plugins

you need the softcam feed 4.3 from Resources section, then after it's installed, reboot and install softcams from downloadable plugins
Is the resources section in the plugins? I think i'll be able to install softcams from plugins but then what to do? it's been a long day......

sorry bud not exactly sure how do to do that??
First make sure you've added feeds from here OpenATV Softcam Feed then installed mgcamd from feeds following the instructions.

If you haven't uninstall any cams you have installed then install feeds and cam following that guide.

You can find mg_cfg file in here WilloBuild Enigma2 Toolkit softcams and lines extract the mg_cfg file and send to usr/keys along with your newcamd.list file

Red button softcam setup then make sure softcam is on mgcamd and restart softcam.

Last edited:
First make sure you've added feeds from here OpenATV Softcam Feed then installed mgcamd from feeds following the instructions.

If you haven't uninstall any cams you have installed then install feeds and cam following that guide.

You can find mg_cfg file in here WilloBuild Enigma2 Toolkit softcams and lines extract the mg_cfg file and send to usr/keys along with your mg_cfg

Red button softcam setup then make sure softcam is on mgcamd and restart softcam.

Thanks for the info, I'm really not sure what to do.

so I download the openATV softcam and download it? then the same with the Enigma2 toolkit? I've never had to deal with those so I'm very unsure of exactly what to do.

I've only put on the Mgcamd plugin that's on the downloadable plugin section. i'll remove that then to start.

Sorry just realised there’s a section in this links to read, all I seen was the download button. I’ll try again tomorrow.

Thanks again for the info so far. My head is bursting

Success!!
I removed the mgcamd that I installed before...........then installed the softcam feed via openwebif and ran this command wget -O - -q http://updates.mynonpublic.com/oea/feed | bash
restarted the receiver......
made sure my details were in the usr/keys forlder properly
put the receiver on a channel such as discovery
blue button
softcam panel
selected mgcamd
restarted cam
boom.....done.
thanks guys

Me again..... so after the receiver did a scan of channels, I bring up the channel details (arrow down button) there are huge gaps in the listings but before were all tight together..... any suggestions?

Back