Storage space help

5cud

I have a Asus E203N notebook. It only has 32Gb storage so most of the installation takes that up. I have an 200Gb micro sd card to save everything on. What I need and am struggling to do is make everything save on that, and I mean everything that I can. The notebook is running too slow and I can't move everything to the sd card.

TIA

Wondering if a usb passport for backing up would come in handy?

I don't want to keep backing things up, plus there isnt alot on it yet tbh, just a couple of programs and windows updates. I'd rather use the sd card as a 'drive' so to speak

I don't want to keep backing things up, plus there isnt alot on it yet tbh, just a couple of programs and windows updates. I'd rather use the sd card as a 'drive' so to speak
I think you might need to reach reinstall windows with your SD card present,
In Linux you can set it to automount as a partition, don't know if this is possible in windows though, it tends to use everything as one big partition without separate /home /root /media etc, partitions.

You normally get the option when installing or downloading anything where to save it to,or at least you do on the notebook my son has,it comes up as sd1.

I'n sure I have read somewhere that you can make a micro sd card the main drive and the laptop will save everything to it and treat it as such.
Have a search on google for the article it looked very impressive when I read it, good luck.

Back