Stream recorded programme?

I know it's possible to stream channels live using OpenWebif or using HRTunerProxy but is it possible to stream something that has been recorded on USB stick that is plugged into the box?

stream to what? there are android and apple apps that allow you to play recordings on the box on your phone/tablet if that's what you are after. for android search playstore for something like 'enigma2' lots of apps available.

stream to what? there are android and apple apps that allow you to play recordings on the box on your phone/tablet if that's what you are after. for android search playstore for something like 'enigma2' lots of apps available.

I don't mind which device (Android or PC), the device will be remote though, so not inside the home network where the receiver and recorded programme are. I see there are plenty of apps that do live streaming of channels, but I want to be able to stream anything that I may have recorded on my Zgemma.

ah if you want to stream from box to device outside your network then you are going to need to set up port forwarding on your router to enable access to the box, but then that becomes a security issue.

Most of the apps will play recordings, even openwebif on your pc, click on 'movies' in the menu on the left and then click on the stream icon next to the recording, you may need something like VLC installed on your pc to play the stream.

ah if you want to stream from box to device outside your network then you are going to need to set up port forwarding on your router to enable access to the box, but then that becomes a security issue.

Most of the apps will play recordings, even openwebif on your pc, click on 'movies' in the menu on the left and then click on the stream icon next to the recording, you may need something like VLC installed on your pc to play the stream.

Ah ok I didn't know that, I assume the recordings will then require the same network bandwidth as a live channel stream then?

If yes, that will be my next hurdle as I would need to transcode the recording as my broadband is not fast enough for OpenWebif streams. Currently I transcode live streams from my Zgemma using Plex and HRTunerProxy plugin. Wouldn't happen to know a way I can get Plex or other app to see the directory where the recordings are stored on the Zgemma?

I don't know plex but you should be able to set up your zgemma usb as a network drive on the device that you have plex running on

Back