Stuttering (football)

second but it does give me a soap opera effect.
Flickering is way more visible on 25 and 30 frames per second images on iptv.
Using auto frame rate can help with this and also motion interpolation may help
Sorry to be a geek, but I have done a lot of testing on this.
There a reason why broadcasters use 50 and 60 fps when broadcasting sports.
You are comparing 25 an 30 fps IPTV to 50 & 60 FPS IPTV though.

If you could compare those to a 25fps Sat or Terrestrial feed you would see the difference.

You are comparing 25 an 30 fps IPTV to 50 & 60 FPS IPTV though.

If you could compare those to a 25fps Sat or Terrestrial feed you would see the difference.
The subs I have now the channels are 50 and 60fps on the majority of the channels I watch.
I check before subscribing to the service.
I haven’t checked them all because there’s that many of them and most of them, I don’t watch anyway.
I have had subs in the past that had 25 and 30fps and sport didn’t look good on them.
Probably compressed by the supplier like you mentioned in your other post.
I have seen satellite and terrestrial and the 25fps look good as do 50 and 60fps IPTV.
I can’t knock either but have noticed some people on here like to knock iptv.
Maybe they have a vested interest in it or maybe some other reasons.

The subs I have now the channels are 50 and 60fps on the majority of the channels I watch.
I check before subscribing to the service.
I haven’t checked them all because there’s that many of them and most of them, I don’t watch anyway.
I have had subs in the past that had 25 and 30fps and sport didn’t look good on them.
Probably compressed by the supplier like you mentioned in your other post.
I have seen satellite and terrestrial and the 25fps look good as do 50 and 60fps IPTV.
Nobody is knocking iptv mate but they are stating the facts.

50/60 fps is good for sports it is not needed for anything else.

Thete are some die hard sat enthusiasts on here nothing wrong with that. It's whete the whole forum started in CS days maybe before

Nobody is knocking iptv mate but they are stating the facts.

50/60 fps is good for sports it is not needed for anything else.

Thete are some die hard sat enthusiasts on here nothing wrong with that. It's whete the whole forum started in CS days maybe before
Maybe some are a little bit lol
FPS is important for sports with iptv as mentioned by others also.
I also get there enthusiasts on here regarding satellite and yes, there is nothing wrong with that as there is with anything else in life. Well within reason.
I’ve seen comments saying you can’t get 4k UHD on IPTV, that ain’t true.
I have them and there is no reason for me to lie as I haven’t got a vested interest in IPTV.
I just use it.
See who gives me a laughing emoji lol

Maybe some are a little bit lol
FPS is important for sports with iptv as mentioned by others also.
I also get there enthusiasts on here regarding satellite and yes, there is nothing wrong with that as there is with anything else in life. Well within reason.
I’ve seen comments saying you can’t get 4k UHD on IPTV, that ain’t true.
I have them and there is no reason for me to lie as I haven’t got a vested interest in IPTV.
I just use it.
See who gives me a laughing emoji lol
You can't get a great deal in honesty in 4k but yes it's avaliable F1,Football and Rugby mainly to me SS main is pointless in 4k its not 4k all the time.

That's why I say 50fps is better and 4k they are not huge differences in pic quality

You can't get a great deal in honesty in 4k but yes it's avaliable F1,Football and Rugby mainly to me SS main is pointless in 4k its not 4k all the time.

That's why I say 50fps is better and 4k they are not huge differences in pic quality
Exactly you can get a small selection of UHD channels and they do look good.
FHD 50 60fps also look good and yes not a big difference in quality.
Probably that’s why most TV is broadcast is in 1080p.
Broadcasters don’t have to go to the extra expense of broadcasting in 2160p because people in general are happy with 1080p.
Obviously Sly charge you extra for the privilege for UHD.

Its not about knocking IPTV but comparing the different platforms, i said earlier FPS is not to be all and end all but the platform your watching sport on makes a difference.

Im sure Sky sat and Virgin Cable customers have no ball stutter or strobing at 25fps. Yet its a common complaint on IPTV

If you get ball stutter on football or cricket when using iptv then ur watching it on a poor 25fps stream and nothing u can do will change that experience.. to eliminate that on UK channels you need 50fps..as many said upto 60fps on some channels in other countries...if you can't find these then you have option of official apps...but again need a provider doing minimum 50fps..

Its not about knocking IPTV but comparing the different platforms, i said earlier FPS is not to be all and end all but the platform your watching sport on makes a difference.

Im sure Sky sat and Virgin Cable customers have no ball stutter or strobing at 25fps. Yet its a common complaint on IPTV
I thought channels through Sky Q and Virgin cable would be streamed at 50fps for sports.
I personally don’t use any of them, so I’m not really sure.
I did see it mentioned on sky community forums that sky Q use 50hz for sports.
Maybe Virgin use the same.

I thought channels through Sky Q and Virgin cable would be streamed at 50fps for sports.
I personally don’t use any of them, so I’m not really sure.
I did see it mentioned on sky community forums that sky Q use 50hz for sports.
Maybe Virgin use the same.
I was referring to the HD channels @25fps transmitted at 1080i there is no ball judder or strobing.

Even when IPTV compress UHD you get ball judder.

I was referring to the HD channels @25fps transmitted at 1080i there is no ball judder or strobing.

Even when IPTV compress UHD you get ball judder.
Yeah understand as I have seen satellite,terrestrial 25fps 1080p and as you say no ball judder.

When I watch UHD iptv channel my TV it switch’s into HLG mode so maybe motion interpolation and the judder and stutter settings that I have set, I don’t see ball judder. Well not when the image is at 50fps.

Last edited:
Yeah understand as I have seen satellite,terrestrial 25fps 1080p and as you say no ball judder.

When I watch UHD iptv channel my TV switch into HLG mode so maybe motion interpolation and the judder and stutter settings that I have set, I don’t see ball judder. Well not when the image is at 50fps.
Fully agree(y)

When I watch UHD iptv channel my TV switch into HLG mode so maybe motion interpolation and the judder and stutter settings that I have set, I don’t see ball judder. Well not when the image is at 50fps.
I kind of agree.

TV technology these days is fantastic in terms of making sub standard source material look good.

I kind of agree.

TV technology these days is fantastic in terms of making sub standard source material look good.
My device has hardware monitoring on it so can I check all sorts. Including resolution,frame rate,refresh and colour mode.
The UHD channels I watch and have monitored are reporting 2160p,50fps,50hz and HDR(HLG) that is not sub standard picture imo I don’t know about others.

IMG_3448.jpeg

Last edited:
Back