Surfshark on Sony Android TV

Hi Guys, Just got surfshark VPN all set up on my Sony Android TV. But every time I open the app . It takes out my Ethernet connection?
and states no internet connection, so I unplug the cable and replace it and it’s back on the Sony but again when I open the app it takes it out again
any suggestions please as I like the Ethernet for streaming,

Attachments

• IMG_0983.jpeg
    IMG_0983.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
Oddly enough my Surfshark has has just done this, I just re-booted my device and Surfshark connected no issues

Normally an notification should come up on the top of your home screen. If not a reboot of your TV should do the trick. Or force stop your VPN and reconnect.

Normally an notification should come up on the top of your home screen. If not a reboot of your TV should do the trick. Or force stop your VPN and reconnect.
Thanks for reply Message comes up on Home Screen no Ethernet connection.

Are you using the latest surfshark app? Do you have ipv6 enabled on TV &/or in surfshark? If so disable this setting. And try setting UDP in surfshark settings.
Also try connecting to a different server if possible.

Are you using the latest surfshark app? Do you have ipv6 enabled on TV &/or in surfshark? If so disable this setting. And try setting UDP in surfshark settings.
Also try connecting to a different server if possible.
Thanks again I did read surfshark does not like ipv6 and according to my hub the Ethernet connected ie tv has automatically set ipv6. And gives a number (could be location reference) but I can’t see any reference to it on my TV settings.

Okay if it's not on in TV ethernet settings then should be fine as is.

In surfshark change the connection settings automatically (Wire Guard) to OpenVPN (TCP) you may need to try another one e.g OpenVPN (UDP). See if that works?

Also if you see within surfshark app turn off rotating IP.

Okay if it's not on in TV ethernet settings then should be fine as is.

In surfshark change the connection settings automatically (Wire Guard) to OpenVPN (TCP) you may need to try another one e.g OpenVPN (UDP). See if that works?

Also if you see within surfshark app turn off rotating IP.
Checked the version it is the latest. Changed the settings tcp and udon requested a error report and rotating was turned off, still no luck with Sthernet though

Hmmm. Whilst VPN on try to remove ethernet and put back into TV or router.
I will try this option tomorrow as it’s getting late now, but what I don’t understand is it seems ok through wifi, but when ethernet is running it turns it off plus I have it running on my laptop Android and iPad iOS !!

I will try this option tomorrow as it’s getting late now, but what I don’t understand is it seems ok through wifi, but when ethernet is running it turns it off plus I have it running on my laptop Android and iPad iOS !!
Surfshark rep mentioned they were having issues with ethernet and recommended to use WiFi. Probably worth contacting them to further investigate. I've run out of other things it could be causing issues.

Surfshark rep mentioned they were having issues with ethernet and recommended to use WiFi. Probably worth contacting them to further investigate. I've run out of other things it could be causing issues.
Morning have had a reply from surfshark overnight they are pointing at ipv6 , Ned to disconnect , will let you know the outcome when I discover how to do it

Back