Surfshark on Sony Android TV

Did you try to remove ethernet and insert back in? As far as I know surfshark do recommend WiFi & VPN as they do have issues with ethernet.

Another option is to try another VPN. Try ProtonVPN Free package.

Did you try to remove ethernet and insert back in? As far as I know surfshark do recommend WiFi & VPN as they do have issues with ethernet.

Another option is to try another VPN. Try ProtonVPN Free package.
Many thanks , Just got back from optitions ,still can’t see the wood for the trees 😊 I am waiting to see what surfshark support come Back with

Reactions: m4u
Many thanks to all who have done their best to help, but it looks like the final outcome will be wifi only, good job I have a good wifi connection, Maybe one day IPv6 will be up and running. Bye the way TV is running Android 9 whatever difference that makes.

Not sure if the android version makes much of a difference. As long as it can run surfshark should be good to use. But I believe from my findings surfshark recommended to use WiFi. If I get the chance I'll try out surfshark on smart TV to see if I get the same issues wired... just to let you know Sony TV's unless I'm mistaken are only able to do upto 100Mpbs via ethernet.

Not sure if the android version makes much of a difference. As long as it can run surfshark should be good to use. But I believe from my findings surfshark recommended to use WiFi. If I get the chance I'll try out surfshark on smart TV to see if I get the same issues wired... just to let you know Sony TV's unless I'm mistaken are only able to do upto 100Mpbs via ethernet.
Cheers for that

Hi Guys , Here is a update to my question's.
Got my refund from Surfshark, went to Express and a chat menu popped up. so explained my situation reply was ( you will have a 30 day refund if not happy). any way it was worth a try. set it up and guess what it took ethernet out, but this time when I unplugged ethernet cable for a couple of minuets and replaced it and checked TV settings ethernet and Wi-Fi were both connected. I then found I had to do this every time I fired up. (bit annoying).
Not a tech expert I started looking at routers they talk about IPV6 and gigabyte LAN connections and double Wi-Fi speeds. ( but you connect to a WAN on your ISP Hub)
This reminded me of the late sixties and seventies with TV reception booster all they did was double the interference coming in ?
Bearing in mind that my isp does not support IPV6 the routers searched state backward compatibility with IPV4. I believe with what I have is not bad Wi-Fi speed 71 mbps. The android TV selects IP address 192. with an FE::80 (I believe to be IPV6). Question would gain anything from going down this avenue apart from being able to change setting within the separate Router.
Thanks again Steve

I had really weird problem with friends Sony TV, it would connect to the internet via WiFi, but would say "no connection to the internet" .I googled this and many other people had same issue. The fix was.....copied.

*it was simply to do with time setting. Fixed by going into System Settings - Date and Time, and selecting Automatic date and time to “use network time”

This did fix the problem.

I know you were ethernet,but worth a shot.

Sorry I've not been able to try surfshark on a sony tv. Last I had chance was to try ProtonVPN but unfortunately that wasn't with Plusnet, but VM, worked fine though.

Sorry I've not been able to try surfshark on a sony tv. Last I had chance was to try ProtonVPN but unfortunately that wasn't with Plusnet, but VM, worked fine though.
No probs will give it try tomorrow , let you know the outcome.

Reactions: m4u
No probs will give it try tomorrow , let you know the outcome.
Hello again, Just downloaded protonvpn and set up, but still getting the same problem (loosing ethernet connection) unplugged cable and replaced it vpn running in wifi mode and Ethernet showing on in device

Back