Talk bollocks thread.

I'm still sat waiting for super TV licence van and inspector to come and tell me i need a tv Licence 👀👀👀 but they got more chance of getting a Christmas card off John lennon 🤣🤣🤣 all scare tactic's to un nerve people !!!! 👍👍👍

I'm still sat waiting for super TV licence van and inspector to come and tell me i need a tv Licence 👀👀👀 but they got more chance of getting a Christmas card off John lennon 🤣🤣🤣 all scare tactic's to un nerve people !!!! 👍👍👍
Remember the scaremongering from thr vans, they were able to sit outside your house and see if you were watching TV or not. Biggest load of shite gets posted all the time and people still fall for it, these super blocks are the same. If they were super, iptv would been closed down altogether

Remember the scaremongering from thr vans, they were able to sit outside your house and see if you were watching TV or not. Biggest load of shite gets posted all the time and people still fall for it, these super blocks are the same. If they were super, iptv would been closed down altogether
I remember the tv ads in the 70's, bloke in the back of the van with headphones on watching a screen, "there's three of them, they're in the back room, they're watching bbc2" like they could watch you through your tv screen, people used to believe it.
The vans contained no electronic equipment at all

It was a very professional setup as you can see from the seat he's on, they picked it up from a scrapyard just before the photo was taken.
In the event of a sudden stop, the 'technician' would end up butting wing-nut straight through the windscreen

TV detector vans exist, but they do not detect anything. They are just for show. TVL have a database of addresses in the UK with or without a licence. It is just assumed that anyone without a TV licence is guilty, and so a campaign of harrassment begins by letters and visits to intimidate people into buying a licence.
Fact 1: Never in court has evidence been used to prosecute people (mainly single mothers) based on 'detector' van evidence.
Fact 2: Although TVL threaten that they might apply for a search warrant if you do not let them in to inspect your house, it is very difficult indeed for them to apply for a warrant. They first need proof that you are receiving live broadcast. Never has 'dectector van' evidence been used to apply for a warrant. Search warrants are very rarely applied for today.

The reason people get prosecuted is that they admit to having a TV and then sign a 'confession' form. They assume a visiting TVL 'officer' has some sort of legal power when they visit. They have no more legal power than if any member of the public came round. Tell them to leave and they must immediately comply else be in breach of law.

Back