Talk talk

a1gunner

icon1.png
IPTV with talk talk fibre

Hi any you guys using talk talk to access your IPTV provider and if so would you recommend it don't want to commit to it if it blocks streams

Tbh any isp can block at any time now with the new highcourt ruling there was 6 to start with sky virgin bt talk talk Plusnet ee but other providers have been added to the list if for iptv any decent supplier will have blocks in place to stop them from been blocked but that dosnt cover the end user end with isp so dosnt matter who provides your broadband there's always going to be a chance of been blocked

As mentioned most suppliers can get around the issue. However, i would use a VPN if your internet speed allows it when using iptv, Plex servers or apps like Tea Tv. This way you will have no issues.

seen two blocks all season with my iptv provider and talk talk. one of the blocks actually happened after the 3pm kick offs, iptv provided me with new url on both occassions so that tells me it was server side and not ISP.

Every supplier has had 2 year now to have a work round I agree with mike142 for plex kodi downloading but only use one if needed and certain providers throttle or flood your ip address which makes it un watchable @dt99 even had Netflix bbc iplayer blocked when he got blocked

I am with BT and have no problems. I was with talktalk before and did not have any real problems just download speeds could be up and down like a yoyo at busy times. since I have been with BT they have been a constant 50 meg it is a shame i cannot get virgin in our area.

I am with BT and have no problems. I was with talktalk before and did not have any real problems just download speeds could be up and down like a yoyo at busy times. since I have been with BT they have been a constant 50 meg it is a shame i cannot get virgin in our area.
Tell me about those 200meg or 100 Meg speeds would work wonders for me

with vm traffic management your speeds would also be up and down like a yoyo. i was on the up to 200mb package and was lucky ever to see 70mb

What i hear is they don't throttle the 300mb 0r 360mb whatever it is...router drops outs were terrible as well, not all it's made out to be.

with vm traffic management your speeds would also be up and down like a yoyo. i was on the up to 200mb package and was lucky ever to see 70mb

What i hear is they don't throttle the 300mb 0r 360mb whatever it is...router drops outs were terrible as well, not all it's made out to be.
Thats why you turn ip flooding off then they can't flood you so your speeds drop

trust me it is, read their site they quite openly tell you what's happening. i hear the 360mb package doesn't fluctuate like the others. 70mb to 80mb is plenty for me with 4 people running phones, iptv/cable/ps4/switch/kindle - beyond me why people need 360mb at home. i had my fill with vm, happy now with talk talk

Yep, as @bazcfc1 says, I got my IPTV blocked by Sly once and they blocked all my streaming.....even Netflix and Plex would not work until the match ended.

Personally I wish I could leave Sly but I'm in a contract, other loves them. I know people who rave about Virgin and others who can't stand them.....no ISP is good for everyone there are too many other factors.

Last edited:
I have friends that had lots of trouble with Virgin speeds and tbh who even needs 360mb,it's nonsense.It's like the push to sell 4k devices ,everyone buys 4k but nothing to watch in 4k.It makes no sense.

Back