The NHS Is Flagging Thread

Almost every developed country has a health/care system better than the UK and at a fraction of the cost.
It's a bloated, outdated system that hasn't worked properly for decades.
Most of the money is misused.
Any hospital in the UK could operate ten times better at a tenth of the money they're currently getting and the staff and patients would all be happier.

A plumber earning 100k with things set up properly and totally legally will net just over 86k
I'm talking the average self employed subbie, not Ltd,.
He losing on average 30% to tax.
I'm currently liable for something like 48.5% tax, :dizzy: but I'm trying to do something about that, and it's not because I'm making stupid money.

I'm talking the average self employed subbie, not Ltd,.
He losing on average 30% to tax.
I'm currently liable for something like 48.5% tax, :dizzy: but I'm trying to do something about that, and it's not because I'm making stupid money.
Well mate that is your problem. If you dont setup you business structure correct.

I dont practice much now odd bit of advice. But when i did the amount of trades overpaying tax is unbelivable.

The biggest ones for accidentally underpaying were pub landlords

After having 3 disabled kids it was very difficult for me to carry on. So had to resort to a bit of wheeling and dealing.

Last edited:
Excess deaths.
Agency staff earning more than NHS workers.
Elderly ready to leave hospital but can't because there's not enough staff to man the homes. Pretty sure sacking over 40 thousand care home workers because they wouldn't get a vaccine that doesn't stop transmission anyway didn't help matters either.

I've never voted Labour in my life and never will, but won't vote the Tories in again after the fking mess they've made of things.

Excess deaths.
Agency staff earning more than NHS workers.
Elderly ready to leave hospital but can't because there's not enough staff to man the homes. Pretty sure sacking over 40 thousand care home workers because they wouldn't get a vaccine that doesn't stop transmission anyway didn't help matters either.

I've never voted Labour in my life and never will, but won't vote the Tories in again after the fking mess they've made of things.
Thats the same. However, i am thinking of giving Labour a chance lets face it cant do any worse

Back