The Optical Disc Drive Discussion.

Anytime bro. Their e-mails come aboutv2-4 times a week and arrive early...if I check my comp at 4am they are usually in my inbox already.

it's sooo far away though.....

Patience bro, patience.

endo

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

good suggestion rtm, thanks

Yeah, good site there 7th. And you are correct, that is what ImgBurn uses when searching for firmware updates.

BenQ 1650
Lite-On SHW-160P6S
LG GSA-H54L w/LightScribe
Plextor PX-740A (which is a rebadged BenQ 1640)
Samsung SH-S182M/BEBN
Samsung 223L

BenQ 1650
Lite-On SHW-160P6S
LG GSA-H54L w/LightScribe
Plextor PX-740A (which is a rebadged BenQ 1640)
Samsung SH-S182M/BEBN
Samsung 223L

Did I miss something?? ;)

add: you didn't need anything did you PO?? You gotta a couple of oldies but goodies on dat list. (y)

Last edited:
Hello, hello.
No more space on my internal and external drives, need MOAR!
I've no idea what's good and what to stay away from, so this is the one I'm looking at:

Western Digital Caviar Green WD20EARS - 2000 GB / 2TB - internal - 3.5" -Serial ATA II-300 - 7 pin Serial ATA - 64MB

Opinions?

Thats not really an ODD question, but from what I have read I steer clear of their green series. If you are looking for the slightly more money friendly don't go any less than the Blue series. I personally try and stay with the Black series and have had very good luck with them.

Session I'd start another thread as this subject might get some real useful input. ;)

I would look at something like this as well.... just a step up from the HDD you're looking and much more reliable with the work and demands you're going to put it through. :)

AV-GP WD20EURS

Thanks guys.
I'll start a new thread, I think I might need a bit more help :) I'm not real up on some of the specs.

Back