The rise of IPTV

payneybhoy

Was sitting chatting with a few friends last night about how popular iptv has now become. Just about everyone I know has it and it can be sourced easily from eBay/Facebook etc. There’s almost certainly a guy down every pub or a guy at work who can sort you out with a pre loaded Firestick.

Iptv really took off when sky all but ended sat cardsharing, but with Sky doing so they only increased the number of people using illegal subscriptions.
Not sure of the rough numbers of people who previously used the old sat cardshare system but iptv users must be at least x20-x30 of that?

It’s certainly become very popular. The more mainstream it is surely the more more risk involved tho.
You would think so, that’s kind of what killed cardsharing in the end. Ran for years underground so to speak but plug and play boxes, lines and gifts started to appear on eBay then Facebook.

i prefer cardshare to iptv, got iptv for an elderly neighbour, they found it confusing having to fiddle about with the firestick and hdmi, logging in ect, so in the end i got them a zgemma and set it up, which is a lot easier for them, go over once a week and check and update it for them, not had any complaints since, one remote does it all, happy days,

I've always used both when I had c/s I had iptv there has been a major increase in iptv just like when kodi come onto scene everyone will prefer c/s to iptv as the signal came direct from the dish lol but c/s was always going to end as technology changes sly bring new boxes software out which makes it harder the question is how many don't use iptv there will be a major increase providers love this time of year and before football starts but what really dosnt help matters is fruitbook ebay twitter gumtree but happy days with the right setup and provider

I think iptv is so popular as it’s very easy to set up...instal an app on your Firestick/box enter username and password and your in. Almost everyone can do that but not everyone can flash a box, and remember setting up and constantly having to update playlists on the old openboxs every time the channels changed transponder.

I think iptv is so popular as it’s very easy to set up...instal an app on your Firestick/box enter username and password and your in. Almost everyone can do that but not everyone can flash a box, and remember setting up and constantly having to update playlists on the old openboxs every time the channels changed transponder.
Those was the days oprnbox v8s was my first box then zgemma star2s then h2s for c/s

Ba
Those was the days oprnbox v8s was my first box then zgemma star2s then h2s for c/s
v8s was my first box too then onto the zgemma star. Couldn’t believe the difference in the star when I got it...to be honest I don’t really miss the open box at all lol

CS died thanks to websites like this giving tutorials on how to install it. It got too big.

Cs hasn't died it's still going strong, there's thousands of people who use just sat lines because it has the 100 channels they want.
There's even more who have cable lines because they still have sky movies and sky sports and bt sport and 300 other channels.
Even 90% of iptv viewers keep a cs line for regular viewing, no one's going to watch news at ten or coronation street 10 mins after it was aired live

90% of iptv users don't even have a device capable of running CS, never mind subscribe to a service.

90% of iptv users don't have a cs box?
How did you arrive at that bizzare conclusion?
Most iptv users are ex CS users, ergo they do have a CS box
You are funny, but not in a good way :sneaky:

90% of iptv users don't have a cs box?
How did you arrive at that bizzare conclusion?
Most iptv users are ex CS users, ergo they do have a CS box
You are funny, but not in a good way :sneaky:

So only 10% of all iptv users have a firestick or android box? Bizarre claim.

It's possible to have more than one device and almost everyone does have more than one device
Let me ask you this, is it better to use a dedicated, single function iptv box, or a box/device that can run sat, cable and iptv at the same time? Bearing in mind the latter has 3 different BT Sports 1 channels from 3 different sources.

Obviously according to you the 'all eggs in one basket' iptv box wins hands down because 'CS died' according to your earlier post

It's possible to have more than one device and almost everyone does have more than one device
Let me ask you this, is it better to use a dedicated, single function iptv box, or a box/device that can run sat, cable and iptv at the same time? Bearing in mind the latter has 3 different BT Sports 1 channels from 3 different sources.

Obviously according to you the 'all eggs in one basket' iptv box wins hands down because 'CS died' according to your earlier post

Almost everybody has more than one device? What makes you think that? Another outlandish claim.

Back