The rise of IPTV

negative comments towards the forum as always. Why even bother?
True c/s went dark due to sly changing infrastructure and bringing newer boxes out changing transponders as if it was websites like this giving tutorials out wouldn't cable have gone the same time and not just recently:unsure::unsure:

negative comments towards the forum as always. Why even bother?

It's true. In the days when a man used to come round, setup a "dodgy sky box" in your house and worked by word of mouth only, card sharing wasn't a big problem for the TV companies. As soon as websites like this sprang up openly telling people how to steal copyrighted content CS went massive and was bound to be stamped out.

True c/s went dark due to sly changing infrastructure and bringing newer boxes out changing transponders as if it was websites like this giving tutorials out wouldn't cable have gone the same time and not just recently:unsure::unsure:

They made those changes to disrupt CS though...

Thats what I meant mate but wouldnt cable have gone the same way with tutorials on here and other forums

I dunno. I assume CS on Sattelite was much more widespread than cable due to the fact most houses seem to have a sky dish on them so maybe cable wasn't as pressing an issue.

I dunno. I assume CS on Sattelite was much more widespread than cable due to the fact most houses seem to have a sky dish on them so maybe cable wasn't as pressing an issue.
All comes down to money and clearly sly's investment in changing encryption is far far greater than vm's will ever be and they have probably been put under pressure from sly to follow suit to protect their investment in lucrative broadcasting deals especially with the tens of millions invested in football broadcasting rights.
All vm want to invest in is broadband and mobile network because they see thats where all the money is to be made.
Ask yourself this question or a house full of kids
Would you rather have broadband or tv channels and i can guarantee the % will be far greater in favour of broadband than any tv package that vm or sly or any other company can offer (y)

It's true. In the days when a man used to come round, setup a "dodgy sky box" in your house and worked by word of mouth only, card sharing wasn't a big problem for the TV companies. As soon as websites like this sprang up openly telling people how to steal copyrighted content CS went massive and was bound to be stamped out.
Not true. Forums like this existed along cardsharing for years. It wasn’t until boxes and lines/gifts started to appear on eBay and social media that action seemed to be taken.

Where do you think the guy who worked of word of mouth learned how to do what he did with the boxes? His father certainly never taught him...

All comes down to money and clearly sly's investment in changing encryption is far far greater than vm's will ever be and they have probably been put under pressure from sly to follow suit to protect their investment in lucrative broadcasting deals especially with the tens of millions invested in football broadcasting rights.
All vm want to invest in is broadband and mobile network because they see thats where all the money is to be made.
Ask yourself this question or a house full of kids
Would you rather have broadband or tv channels and i can guarantee the % will be far greater in favour of broadband than any tv package that vm or sly or any other company can offer (y)

Yeah I guess Sky push the EPL as their flagship sports coverage so it's more in their interest to protect it than VM.

Where do you think the guy who worked of word of mouth learned how to do what he did with the boxes? His father certainly never taught him...

I think they learned it in early versions of sites similar to this. My point is, that websites like this, with the boom of the Internet, taught every man and his dog to be able to do it.

vm, sly have always known that there services were being used via c/s.

just because providers strarting advertising it did not casue the downfall of c/s

Back