The VPN 'myth'

I PM'd you last week and suggested that you install Xtream Editor and then I can quite easily add a test service for you that I know is good.

You mean one that doesn't freeze and buffer all the time, especially when the big events are on? That describes mine....

Re sellers, it's *** and it's only £15 per year and you need a VPN to watch footy ;);)

Do you have to pay for a year at a time or can you pay monthly, or 3 months or 6 etc ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re sellers, it's *** and it's only £15 per year and you need a VPN to watch footy ;);)

I'm confused now. Are you saying that the one driver_wedge offers is no good or am I missing the point completely somewhere and getting involved in a private argument????

Do you have to pay for a year at a time or can you pay monthly, or 3 months or 6 etc ?

Your problem is that you don't read through threads properly, hence how you dug a hole for yourself over the IPS blocking discussion. I've already commented that my guy has said that no VPN will be required from now on.

As for £15 per year - that may or may not be a figure I plucked out of thin air just to support a particular point I was making [I'll let you decide].

I'm trying to help this person out here. In fact, why don't you offer to let him try your awesome IPTV line just to settle his mind that there are good IPTV services out there...given that you have Virgin to fall back on? How's that for an idea?

What I am saying is he posted that his server was crap, his post was quoted above
you can read back if you wish.

Now he seems to be offering tests, which apparantly are great, for next to nothing.

There is a request thread for this, with an advisory from the site in post 1

You can read it here

If he is selling lines then this breaks the rules, if he is passing on information
then I would point to the posts in this thread.

What I am saying is he posted that his server was crap, his post was quoted above
you can read back if you wish.

Now he seems to be offering tests, which apparantly are great, for next to nothing.

There is a request thread for this, with an advisory from the site in post 1

You can read it here

If he is selling lines then this breaks the rules, if he is passing on information
then I would point to the posts in this thread.

Like I said - you don't read full threads....but just jump in with your agenda against resellers of IPTV. You seem to have such an obsession with it that you can't engage in constructive debate without turning the context of what's being discussed.

My offer was to help dt99 establish whether he needs a VPN to get a decent IPTV experience - no mention of reselling, trials, lines, subscriptions, etc etc. As I said above, why don't you help him out if you're so concerned?

I done it yesterday, after his Bin Laden quote, :grin::grin::grin:
He doesn't need a VPN if he has a decent server.

Maybe your posts aren't concise and open to a different interpretation.

As for £15 per year - that may or may not be a figure I plucked out of thin air just to support a particular point I was making [I'll let you decide].

I will stop posting in this thread now as it doesn't really seem to be going anywhere.

and "I can quite easily add a test service" doesn't quite read the same as I can send you some details
for a decent server if you need them. See ??

Last edited:
I done it yesterday, he doesn't need a VPN if he has a decent server.

Maybe your posts aren't concise and open to a different interpretation.

I will stop posting in this thread now as it doesn't really seem to be going anywhere.

and "I can quite easily add a test service" doesn't quite read the same as I can send you some details
for a decent server if you need them. See ??

Goodbye! :-)

For what it's worth - i have no VPN and all my 3pm kick offs on saturday and the football on sunday worked fine.
The theme running through this discussion is that some are being hit and some not. Some have been hit and have fixed it. Some have been hit and are working on the fix. Some may have been hit and are not planning on working on a fix....who knows? Yours may be hit in the future or may already have measures in place to prevent it, but unless you know one way or the other, I'd keep one eye on the situation and plan accordingly.

Bottom line is that the block is REAL. That was the sole purpose of this thread in the first place.

For what it's worth....thank you to you all. I have had various PM's for which I am grateful for and I will be hopefully finding a working solution soon based on all the info you have all given me.

I just wait for the day isp's get rid off unlimited broadband and give u a max of 40-60gb usage a month,then were all f*****,
the then charge you £10 for ever gb u go over, iptv would be dead overnight,:(

I just wait for the day isp's get rid off unlimited broadband and give u a max of 40-60gb usage a month,then were all f*****,
the then charge you £10 for ever gb u go over, iptv would be dead overnight,:(
Will never happen, as there is too much conventional streaming and online gaming going on. Most households with kids would go over that in a week just through them watching Youtube. It would be commercial suicide for one ISP to even contemplate it.

Something has got to break in the end, as IPTV will only get better with time. So, I reckon the main broadcasters will have to adapt, unless they can secure their content better than what they're doing now.

lol 40gb a month i would be fooked. i think sky said i use between us all here in the house. ps4, tablets, laptops etc 700gb + a month

Ok. So new trial. All running perfect watching the Man U game for 30 mins and then suddenly freezing and looping......channel up/down and it works again......few mins later freezing again.

Switch to Sly Movies and all working perfectly. Now, all the trials I have used have this same problem so does this now point to a fault elsewhere......isp throttling etc? Tested speed and it's still above 40 mb/s as normal. Surely it can't just be a bad server......every test I have has the same problem.

How unlucky can I be that all servers are the same and have the exact same problems.....it has to be something at my end doesn't it????

The solution is to use a VPN as bandwidth throttling is going on. You'll be amazed and wonder why you didn't use a VPN before.

Back