Thinking of dropping my landline with Sky

Erinville

I currently have my TV channels, Landline (for calls) and broadband with Sky.
I'm thinking of getting rid of my landline as I hardly use it anymore and it's all mobile phones now anyway.
I remember my sister talking to a Sky Engineer who had called to her house to fix a problem last year.
She said to the engineer that she wanted to get rid of her landline but he advised her against it because he said that her channel subscription would increase.
Is it true that Sky would do this?

I currently have my TV channels, Landline (for calls) and broadband with Sky.
I'm thinking of getting rid of my landline as I hardly use it anymore and it's all mobile phones now anyway.
I remember my sister talking to a Sky Engineer who had called to her house to fix a problem last year.
She said to the engineer that she wanted to get rid of her landline but he advised her against it because he said that her channel subscription would increase.
Is it true that Sky would do this?
not sure if true with Sky but it is with Virgin. You ask them to cancel your landline when you renew, the cost of broadband goes up.

Yeah it used to be the case as it is all part of the package not sure if the case now as I think it would be a new contract that you have to sign upto

If you are going to stay with Sly I would use it next time as a bargaining chip.
When you negotiate a new contract, ask how much they will knock off your new contract price if you don’t have a phone connection.
Worth a punt.
Personally I wouldn’t ask mid contract as they may want to tie you into another new contract.

Back