TK Chat Thread

I had taken drivers ed back in high school during the summer. They condensed a whole semesters worth of driving to 6 weeks.....but, it was alot more hands on driving and alot of fun too. They tend to use automatic transmissions over here, compared to standard. Been a while since I tried to use a standard, and it was a disaster.....good thing there were no cars in the parking lot!!

my new mouse
1610.jpg

no snow here either BUT the council have Gritted some road ......................yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, but only the main pavements and not actually the roads, but i have no salt/grit bin anywhewre near me so if we do get it im stuck again

Our news reported a story of 20 people snowed in at a pub in Ireland. They were stuck in there for 2 or 3 days I believe the news said.

Think that was a PUB IN England rtm snowed in all over new year drank it dry. lol. Highest pub in britain.

Ahh, yes....you are correct there, Dee!!

NORTHALLERTON, England, Jan. 4 (UPI) -- Patrons at the highest-altitude pub in Britain said heavy snows left them stranded at the bar for three days while awaiting rescue by snowplows.

Workers and patrons at the Tan Hill Inn in North Yorkshire, England, said about 30 people were trapped inside the pub by a white-out snowstorm New Year's Day and remained stuck in the snow for three days at the business, which is located 1,732 feet above sea level, The Sun reported Monday.

"Morale's been high -- people realized they wouldn't be trapped forever," said Mike Carter, 44, assistant manager of the pub. "They've peeled carrots and potatoes and helped make dinner."

Many of the trapped customers were members of Leeds University's Cross Country Club.

"We were meant to go the next day," club member Nathan Martin, 26, said. "Luckily none of us was in a rush to get home!"

"It's been good. There's been a quiz every night which has kept us going," he said.

Reactions: dee
lol wot a new year best place to get stuck. using the papers at the mo for the puppys and could`nt rember the place. hope you had a good one m8.

Let's see.....worked 1400-2200 new years eve....then had to work 0600-1400 new years day. Had such a lovely time, asleep by 2330 and awake by 0400 to get ready for work.

Well, since it's been a while for this thread here.....it's almost midnight right now, gotta be at work at 6am. Luckily, i get out at 2pm, then start my stay at home vacation.

god had your up and on here early lol ???
rtm hope the sun is shining over there if you got time at home - enjoy :)

Back