Total darkness

Cheers thanks for that blackinpool.after you put 8 8 8 8 then 8 8 4 4 in do u then turn your router off and back on and the same with your box.

Tried what you said but still not working for me no sky at all.
Ive done 14 boxes using the same method all back on,try again pal just incase,nothing to lose I guess good luck hope you get it sorted
Cheers thanks for that blackinpool.after you put 8 8 8 8 then 8 8 4 4 in do u then turn your router off and back on and the same with your box.
No but make sure you save changes before you exit the router,the server just connected and channels clear as normal :)

For people having trouble with talk talk you need to change router settings, the dns primary settings to 8.8.8.8 secondary to 8.8.4.4,it worked for me not sure about post office broadband but popping round to a mates whos also gone off with post office,but can confirm 100% got talk talk working ok :)
How did you get on with the post office broadband?

im with v*rg*n and all ppv channels black after a reboot was working fine before reboot
been told by my line provider that server guy has been caught

For people having trouble with talk talk you need to change router settings, the dns primary settings to 8.8.8.8 secondary to 8.8.4.4,it worked for me not sure about post office broadband but popping round to a mates whos also gone off with post office,but can confirm 100% got talk talk working ok :)
post office broadband is talk talk provided so same

Hi everyone. As if the 28th I have some friends who are experiencing total darkness on their sly connections. I have narrowed this down to those who are connected to post office broadband and talktalk. Anyone any ideas what the issue is?

issue with dns resolution, I know a few people on TalkTalk and PO ADSL - fix is to set DNS to Google 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

EDIT

realised somone else has already mentioned this

Ive got 2 boxes, a openbox v8s and a zgemma h2s with talktalk broadband, never lost the openbox but lost everything on zgemma, did the dns fix above now zgemma working ok and openbox still ok. Can any one tell me why the openbox just kept on going through all this mess, and the more expensive zgemma didnt, cant be the LNB, both the same ,both run on same wifi ? ps thanks for the dns fix, im not tech savey and havent got a clue what DNS is, lol

Ive got 2 boxes, a openbox v8s and a zgemma h2s with talktalk broadband, never lost the openbox but lost everything on zgemma, did the dns fix above now zgemma working ok and openbox still ok. Can any one tell me why the openbox just kept on going through all this mess, and the more expensive zgemma didnt, cant be the LNB, both the same ,both run on same wifi ? ps thanks for the dns fix, im not tech savey and havent got a clue what DNS is, lol
How did you do the dns fix I can't seem to get it right.i have had the same as you one on the other one of.but no joy getting my zgemma h2s back on.can u help.

How do I find out if my gift is working I have emailed my provider and he said everthink is ok,I have tried again with 8.8.8.8. 8.8.4.4 but still the same no sky channels.where do I go from here.

How did you do the dns fix I can't seem to get it right.i have had the same as you one on the other one of.but no joy getting my zgemma h2s back on.can u help.
Hi mate , 192.168.1.1, home network, Lan interface, DHCP server, Manually configure the DNS server for LAN devices, then 8.8.8.8 for primary, 8.8.4.4 for secondary, i put lease duration 1 week ( dont know if thats right), save, reset router, reset box, hope that helps

maniccmike thanks verry much for your help i done everythink you said and i still have no sky.iwill ask someone to do aline test for me.thanks again.

Back