Transferring Cassette Tapes to CD

By the way SG8 I ment no offense in my previous post. No need for apologies. Didn't mean for my post to sound offensive. (y)

I never get offended (except by Man United fans who are being offensive by even existing!!! lol ).

No problem at all, Eva if you need one of them leads let me know!!!

I never get offended (except by Man United fans who are being offensive by even existing!!! lol ).

No problem at all, Eva if you need one of them leads let me know!!!

63.jpg

So i went to Power City and Pc World and couldn't get a lead, but then i got one on Ebay this morning 3.5mm stereo male to male audio jack, got two of them including postage for six euro :)

It should be here soon. :)

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

I have also downloaded Audacity, so hopefully will be sorted in a few days :)

well if that does not work let me know i have a thing called Instant Music that apparently you plug into your pc and other device to transfer music from tapes records etc to your pc. Never used it as it looked to complicated look on here

Ok, i got the lead in the post today, so am trying to record cassette to pc at the moment using audacity.

Will let you know later how i got on :)

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

Yes, it worked, it was actually really easy to do! :)

Thanks everyone for all your help! :)

Ok, i got the lead in the post today, so am trying to record cassette to pc at the moment using audacity.

Will let you know later how i got on :)

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

Yes, it worked, it was actually really easy to do! :)

Thanks everyone for all your help! :)

:) glad we could help eva!

This is brilliant, i've transferred about half a dozen tapes so far, and the best bit is, i can put the spoken meditations on cd and then have music of my choice as the next track after them, it makes my classes so much easier. No more worrying is my tape going to unravel in the middle of a meditation, and then no messing having to change to cd after tape is done. :)

Thanks everyone for all your help :)

Ok, what can i do if the original tape is poor quality, is there any way to enhance the sound quality when using Audacity?

A friend of mine asked me to convert a tape for her but the sound on it is very poor.

Back