Techkings

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transferring Cassette Tapes to CD

Evastar

TK Veteran
This is probably in the wrong section, but i'm not sure where to post it, so here goes anyway.

I have a number of meditation cassettes that were never released on cd, and i want to transfer them as the tapes are getting very old and i'm afraid they will break.

Anybody know how i can do this?

homesick

VIP Member
Forum Supporter
your welcome Eva, i looked at other ones but there are programs involved and everything else. I figured this would be the simplest in expensive way.

SG8

Registered
yes, that would work, but how much is it? I don't think that other cable i metioned is going to run over 8 USD.

Apologies was not suggesting it would be as cheap as your suggestion, just as an alternative all-in-one type thingy.

It costs about 50 euro I think!!!

Evastar

TK Veteran
Every suggestion gratefully accepted, it's interesting to see the different ways to do things.

If i had a lot of cassettes to transfer i probably would go for that allright, but i only have half a dozen i'm bothered about, so i'll try it the cheap way ;)

Evastar

TK Veteran
I just checked, the only cassette player i have is a portable one, it doesn't have the red and white audio but does have the headphone jack, so i'll have to see if i have a lead for that.

homesick

VIP Member
Forum Supporter
I know you dont have the same store available in the states, but if you need the proper cable any place like a radio shack in the U.S. would carry what you are looking for.

7thsinger

VIP Member
Or you could make your own. 7th happens to have a cord/cable/power adapter box full of discarded odds and ends. Comes in handy when one needs to make something themselves. :grin:

homesick

VIP Member
Forum Supporter
Apologies was not suggesting it would be as cheap as your suggestion, just as an alternative all-in-one type thingy.

It costs about 50 euro I think!!!

By the way SG8 I ment no offense in my previous post. No need for apologies. Didn't mean for my post to sound offensive. (y)

Linny40

TK LADY VETERAN
i bought a machine a few years ago to do same but could not understand how to use it so its sat here somewhere doing nothing. If i can find some instructions Eva ill happily send it to ya