Tuner Config for four LNBs

Should work in standby but l don't have a zgemma to try , so you will have to. Or not:)
Yes, should work on standby, but want a signal that will work without putting box on or in standby mode. Just turn tv on as normal and you have a sat signal as I do now with the splitter in place, was trying to see how to make use of the second tuner for recording, but from the inputs I understand that I have to run a new cable from dish

As l suggested in post 41, l have here a Technomate Nano-SE connected to a TM-Twin OE loop through working 'WITHOUT' the Twin being switched on. I think everyone who has replied to you have exhausted all the cheap work arounds so either have to try what has been suggested or you will have to purchase the proper gear required. As l said l don't have a zgemma to test, maybe someone else can help you.

This will never work as installed.
Not properly anyway, you cannot have more than one device trying to control a diseqc switch,
Can you even get any sat other than 28 on your TV,?

This will never work as installed.
Not properly anyway, you cannot have more than one device trying to control a diseqc switch,
Can you even get any sat other than 28 on your TV,?
Please can you read my post and my question- most are just jumping without actually reading or understanding what my question is. I have no problem receiving 13.19,23.5,28.2 -

Please can you read my post and my question- most are just jumping without actually reading or understanding what my question is. I have no problem receiving 13.19,23.5,28.2 -
Do what I said then,
Watch VH xhannel on one device on 19, then try and watch an LL channel on another device on 13, see how well that works.

Do what I said then,
Watch VH xhannel on one device on 19, then try and watch an LL channel on another device on 13, see how well that works.
Do you see why I said you're jumping without understanding what my question is, who told I have two devices and try to use both at the same time

Do you see why I said you're jumping without understanding what my question is, who told I have two devices and try to use both at the same time
You don't use more than one at a time as you are unable to
You need to do the job properly otherwise you won't be able to do what you want,
I understand the question perfectly, you want to watch one channel and record a different one, you won't be able ri do that with one diseqc switch, except on a very limited nber of channels on the same Satellite

You need to do the job properly otherwise you won't be able to do what you want,
I understand the question perfectly, you want to watch one channel and record a different one, you won't be able ri do that with one diseqc switch, except on a very limited nber of channels on the same Satellite
Can you tell me what job is not done properly, apart from needing a separate coax cable to use for recording.?

Each tuner needs a separate feed from the LNB.
If you're going to split a feed to 2 boxes you can only use one at a time, the other needs to be switched off.

Each tuner needs a separate feed from the LNB.
If you're going to split a feed to 2 boxes you can only use one at a time, the other needs to be switched off.
Cheers man, at least you know what am asking about. NB- a That has been the way I have been using it, that's watch FTA directly on my TV without STB on, or use my STB. I will look into running a new cable for 28.2 for recording and connecting to the LNB (Tuner B)

I gave up on this thread after my post (#26), the OP says his posts are not being read but I think I spelt it out fairly clearly in my previous post that what he is trying to achieve cannot be done using a splitter, yet he persists in not reading, or taking on board, when others have told him the same as well.

To say it as clearly as I can:- To setup a home satellite system properly and cheaply do NOT try to implement splitters anywhere, diseqc switches are grand, but should be controlled by one tuner only.
Remember to have full control from each STB, notwithstanding any switchgear, then each tuner MUST have its own individual cable path to an LNB input.

To ignore the above, besides your system not operating correctly, you run the risk of blowing any or all of the following, tuner(s)/diseqc switch(s)/LNB(s) .

Cheers man, at least you know what am asking about. NB- a That has been the way I have been using it, that's watch FTA directly on my TV without STB on, or use my STB. I will look into running a new cable for 28.2 for recording and connecting to the LNB (Tuner B)

That is not what you said earlier, you said you were watching "Freeview" on the TV, which is terrestrial and not satellite. This has now changed to FreeSAT.
Also initially you never mentioned the diseqc switch, hence most members (including myself) would automatically think that you would want the system setup to work correctly ie. without certain limitations, and therefore advised accordingly.
Please remember when asking for advice it helps greatly if all pertinent information is given from the start, not only does it save your time but it also saves others time as well.

Anyway, time to buy some cable and get up that ladder. :)

Last edited:
That is not what you said earlier, you said you were watching "Freeview" on the TV, which is terrestrial and not satellite. This has now changed to FreeSAT.
Also initially you never mentioned the diseqc switch, hence most members (including myself) would automatically think that you would want the system setup to work correctly ie. without certain limitations, and therefore advised accordingly.
Please remember when asking for advice it helps greatly if all pertinent information is given from the start, not only does it save your time but it also saves others time as well.

Anyway, time to buy some cable and get up that ladder. :)
@Sparkrite - will disregard all the grammar and take the humour you applied . Seriously apologies to you and any that didn't understand my issue, to start with the title was/is misleading. My dish has been setup correctly all these years using different types of STB until I got Zgemma h2s. Anyways- let's all have a wonderful weekend though

My dish has been setup correctly all these years using different types of STB until I got Zgemma h2s. Anyways- let's all have a wonderful weekend though, " its the mention of a splitter and wondering who fitted it as it does not make a difference in what box is used only the wrong info printed on the back of zgemma boxes:grin: "

enjoy the easter eggs.

(quoting @sammyano ) My dish has been setup correctly all these years using different types of STB until I got Zgemma h2s. Anyways- let's all have a wonderful weekend though," (END Quote) its the mention of a splitter and wondering who fitted it as it does not make a difference in what box is used only the wrong info printed on the back of zgemma boxes:grin: "

enjoy the easter eggs.

Indeed, Sat cables and splitters...Yuck !! Regardless of what @sammyano says "My dish has been setup correctly all these years..... ", no it hasn't.
And as @cactikid said, nothing to do with the zGemma at all, that is notwithstanding the ambiguity of the input labels.

@Sparkrite - what exactly is not setup right here, let's forget about wanting to make use of the second tuner without running a separate cable, what else is not setup right?

Back