turn H2s into cable tuner?

yea you can there is a few threads in the h2s sub forum
think getting the right driver is the problem

Hi,

If you have a newer type motherboard on the H.2S the tuner simply slots out. However, there is a small solder point which holds the tuner into place.

You can de-solder this and then the S tuner slots out and you can simply slot in the DVB-C tuner.

I know as I have done many. - just make sure your board has the tuner that slots out and not a tuner that has legs fully soldered in.

Tuners available on well known auction site. Item: 182677249641

That will support the usb drive you insert just like a wireless dongle takes drivers for it to run on computer things like that mate

Is it just a case of plug and play? as I have wooshbuild running currently on my h2s as I had a sly line before all the channels were lost?
I use one on my H2s. The driver is available from the plugins. The only thing I found was the driver did not work on OpenATV 6. I flashed with OpenATV 5.3 and it worked no problem.

I use one on my H2s. The driver is available from the plugins. The only thing I found was the driver did not work on OpenATV 6. I flashed with OpenATV 5.3 and it worked no problem.

It works fine on ATV 6.1 and ATV 5.3. I don't know why it didn't work on ATV 6.0.

Was it easy to do, and would I have to do anything else? does it work well?

Just plug it in a USB port with your cable line plugged in. Configure the tuner and scan with autobouquetsmaker.

Hi,

If you have a newer type motherboard on the H.2S the tuner simply slots out. However, there is a small solder point which holds the tuner into place.

You can de-solder this and then the S tuner slots out and you can simply slot in the DVB-C tuner.

I know as I have done many. - just make sure your board has the tuner that slots out and not a tuner that has legs fully soldered in.

Tuners available on well known auction site. Item: 182677249641
Hi. I have swapped the h2s tuner and put an h2h tuner in but when it loads back up it doesn't see it. I have put h2h openatv 6.1 on but no difference. Is there something else that I have to put on? Cheers

Should work straight away. The drivers are already installed by default.
Does it appear in tuner config and setup and enabled properly?

Are you sure all the pins on the tuner are in the sockets on the motherboard?
It's easy to not line them up properly and the last 2 are hanging over the edge of the socket.

Should work straight away. The drivers are already installed by default.
Does it appear in tuner config and setup and enabled properly?

Are you sure all the pins on the tuner are in the sockets on the motherboard?
It's easy to not line them up properly and the last 2 are hanging over the edge of the socket.
Thanks for your reply
Yes I've checked that it is sat correctly.
And no it's just not coming up in the tuner section. The only thing that I can think of is that I didn't re-solder the holding tab but I read that that is all it is an holding tab

Yes it shouldn't make any difference whether it's soldered or not.
Was there any suggestion in the box that it may use different drivers or is it a standard H2H tuner?

Yes it shouldn't make any difference whether it's soldered or not.
Was there any suggestion in the box that it may use different drivers or is it a standard H2H tuner?
As far as I know it's a standard h2h tuner, I bought it from a link on here some time ago but never got round to installing it. That's why I was thinking there must be more to it than just putting it in place of the sat tuner. It's not a big problem and I appreciate your advice and definitely your knowledge (big fan of your work). Just thought now was the time and like many thought it would be a straight swap out. Only when I'd done it thought I must have missed a trick

I just looked at a previous thread about swapping the tuners and it is just a matter of de-soldering the anchor point and plugging the new one in.
No installing drivers or anything so must be a faulty tuner.
If you got it from the same place that I bought one from on eBay their return policy was good.

I just looked at a previous thread about swapping the tuners and it is just a matter of de-soldering the anchor point and plugging the new one in.
No installing drivers or anything so must be a faulty tuner.
If you got it from the same place that I bought one from on eBay their return policy was good.
Did yours come from Germany?

No it was England but can't see them on fleabay anymore.
Will have to look back to where I bought it, fleebay or amason but definitely one of them. Like I said was a while ago so wouldn't expect them to do anything now. Just thought I was missing driver etc that I had not picked up on. Thanks for the advice/help

Back