TV Link / Magic Eye

KnownAsCJ

Is there any way to connect my TV Link / Magic Eye to my telly upstairs to control my Vu+ Duo2 downstairs?
I have 1x Twin S2 & 1x Hybrid T/T2&C with 1 empty slot

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

why not just use one of the 'remote control' apps on your mobile
Because my phone or tablet is not 37" to comfortably watch in bed!

I have tried the app and using my Chromecast utilising the Chromecast app to cast screen but it ends up too jittery. It probably would be fine if the Vu+ app was enabled to cast, but until they add that feature I am looking to get the TV Link working if at all possible

sorry i took it that you already had your vu duo wired up to your bedroom via coaxial cable, and thought you just needed a way to change channels etc that why i suggested for you to simply use the remote in one of the apps. tell me what set up u have at the minute, i know a few ways i think would help you.

I think I just need the settings within the box to send the signal via coax, the box (atm) is solely rigged for the TV downstairs only. I have a coax cable installed from my old Sly system that was running the TV Link but not sure how to set it up on the Vu, this isn't a antenna'd coax, just a direct cable from box to upstairs

not to sure if there is a setting to send the signal via coax. however you can use your existing cable. what you need is an 'rf modualtor' . you use either the scart or rca outputs from the vu duo2 and connect either of them to the rf modulator and connect your existing cable to the rf modulator. the other end of the existing cable goes to the antenna on the tv. you then set a channel on the rf modulator and set the tv to the same channel or simply do a manual scan on the tv and it will pick up the signal. and hey presto you have tv in your bedroom, you can then use the app to change channel etc. problem is you need to watch the same channel in both rooms, pretty much the same as you had with the skybox. (ps if you have an old vcr about it can be used as an rf modulator) rf modulator usualy cost around 20 quid

---------- Post Merged at 10:36 PM ----------

i see your using a HTC One M8 android mobile,, what app are you using to screen cast to your chromecast??

---------- Post Merged at 10:37 PM ----------

is it just the vu+ app your using?? just after reading the message again and realising thats the app your prob using!

I use the official Chromecast app to cast my phone whilst using the Vu+ app as that is not cast enabled (yet, finger's crossed)
But it's way too jittery to be able to watch clearly.
I will try the RF modulator tho thx

download 'timote' from the play store, its another streaming app, much more stable than the vu app. when setting your reciever profile dont forget to select enigma 2, try that and see if it jitters.

did you give that app a go??
reason i ask is because i have another way to watch tv from your vu in the bedroom. the way i have mine set up is wireless. i have an android mini pc plugged into the hdmi port of the tv in the bedroom and i have the timote app on it and i can watch a different channel to that whats on in the living room. all this done through wifi. although i cheated a little as i have set up a second hub and have placed it directly behind the tv so i get full signal on the android mini pc and this enables me to stream tv without any glitching. for me this is the best set up as there is no need to run a wire from the living room to the bedroom and no drilling through walls or anything like that. the android mini pc cost £26 and the remote for it cost £11 on flea bay. for me its the best thing since sliced bread!!

yes bascially the same as an rf modulator except with the triax tri link you can use your existing remote, however you can just use the app on a smartphone as a remote and use the rf modulator and save yourself £20! if i were to spend the extra m oney id go for the android mini pc as you can watch different channels to that whats on in the living room. also its a wireless setup however in this case it doesnt matter as the wires are all in place and your man simply needs either the rf modulator or the triax link. at least there are plenty of options!!!

Back