UK Only Rytec source for epg importer

grog68

VIP Member
TK Supporter
There have been a number of people who have flashed their box in the last day or two and found that Rytec UK sources are not listed in EPGImporter sources.

After looking at @slimmy46 box and the rytec fles I could see the UK listings where there but for some reason not showing, looking closer it appears some of content of the xml files is causing the rest of the file to be unreadable.

SO I have created a simple UK only rytec.sources.xml file, well I was thinking most of us don't need the countries so why have them there.e

You can download the file from https://www.dropbox.com/s/xzz5e1gcxb54258/rytec.sources.xml?dl=1 and then place it in the /etc/epgimport folder on your box.

The easiest way is to use putty or terminal in openwebif and once logged in paste the following commands:

Code:
cd /etc/epgimport

cp rytec.sources.xml rytec.sources.xml.orig
wget -O rytec.sources.xml https://www.dropbox.com/s/xzz5e1gcxb54258/rytec.sources.xml\?dl=1

Hope this helps

Last edited:
There have been a number of people who have flashed their box in the last day or two and found that Rytec UK sources are not listed in EPGImporter sources.

After looking at @slimmy46 box and the rytec fles I could see the UK listings where there but for some reason not showing, looking closer it appears some of content of the xml files is causing the rest of the file to be unreadable.

SO I have created a simple UK only rytec.sources.xml file, well I was thinking most of us don't need the countries so why have them there.e

You can download the file from https://www.dropbox.com/s/xzz5e1gcxb54258/rytec.sources.xml?dl=1 and then place it in the /etc/epgimport folder on your box.

The easiest way is to use putty or terminal in openwebif and once logged in paste the following commands:

Code:
cd /etc/epgimport

cp rytec.sources.xml rytec.sources.xml.orig
wget -O rytec.source.xml https://www.dropbox.com/s/xzz5e1gcxb54258/rytec.sources.xml\?dl=1

Hope this helps
Thank s for your help, much appreciated (y)

Yes grog68 I had that problem the other day inslatted openatv 6.3 there were no rytec uk files shown in epgimporter yet they were in epgimport folder had to manually dowload them. (y)

Last edited:
Hi Grog68,

Two things I would say from experience of doing this myself:
1) it will get overwritten when the plugin updates or you have to reinstall it
2) not all of the UK channels are in the UK section; news channels and some other randoms like Travelxp are in General/News or Miscellaneous so you will have holes in your epg.

Better to give it some other name instead of 'rytec.sources.xml' such as 'myrytec.sources.xml' (it will survive updates then) and rename the descriptions within it so you can tell what's what. I did this and also added in the two general categories for news and misc.

See my file linked below. On the box, you uncheck the old checked ones for Rytec and check the new ones in the new My Rytec UK section that will appear.

myrytec.sources.xml

The reason I had to do it was because I used to have an IPTV supplier with his own plugin that would annoyingly (re)install its own version of EPG Importer with its own chopped down list of Rytec sources with just the 'UK' ones. I did this to get the missing news channels etc. back in.

Hi Grog68,

Two things I would say from experience of doing this myself:
1) it will get overwritten when the plugin updates or you have to reinstall it
2) not all of the UK channels are in the UK section; news channels and some other randoms like Travelxp are in General/News or Miscellaneous so you will have holes in your epg.

Better to give it some other name instead of 'rytec.sources.xml' such as 'myrytec.sources.xml' (it will survive updates then) and rename the descriptions within it so you can tell what's what. I did this and also added in the two general categories for news and misc.

See my file linked below. On the box, you uncheck the old checked ones for Rytec and check the new ones in the new My Rytec UK section that will appear.

myrytec.sources.xml

The reason I had to do it was because I used to have an IPTV supplier with his own plugin that would annoyingly (re)install its own version of EPG Importer with its own chopped down list of Rytec sources with just the 'UK' ones. I did this to get the missing news channels etc. back in.
I totally get where you are coming from, and if people want to call it something else then the can change the filename in the wget command but this is meant as a temporary fix and would hope that the rytec file will be fixed when it's next updated.

If you want to name it differently then use the following command:

Code:
wget -O MYRYTEC.sources.xml https://www.dropbox.com/s/xzz5e1gcxb54258/rytec.sources.xml\?dl=1
Changing MYRYTEC to whatever you like to call it

Last edited:
Don't know if it helps but I had this issue with 2 boxes that i had to reflash in the last 2/3 days which result in the epg issue. I copied the rytec.source file from a working box and transfered this to the reflashed boxes. rebooted the box and they were showing and updated fine.

Just had to do this as I decided to rebuild my ZgemmaH4.
Many thanks to @grog68 for information and direction.
Unfortunately, my channels are still not clearing so going to try a Test Line.

Hi installed the freerange build but having issues with epg...added this update but now got holes in my epg ...eg some channels wont show epg until I select them...also have iptv on box and prior to this build using jedimaker I was able to get epg on them all expect some foreign channels now nothing on iptv at all ..any suggestions before I start messing with files

Hi installed the freerange build but having issues with epg...added this update but now got holes in my epg ...eg some channels wont show epg until I select them...also have iptv on box and prior to this build using jedimaker I was able to get epg on them all expect some foreign channels now nothing on iptv at all ..any suggestions before I start messing with files
are you seeing your iptv sources listed in the epgimporter sources list and are they ticked.

Yes all ticked...thought this update would fix so can now see all the UK epg option and all ticked...rebooted box same...also tried to manual importing epg but get nothing 0 events which makes me think it's not pulling epg

Yes all ticked...thought this update would fix so can now see all the UK epg option and all ticked...rebooted box same...also tried to manual importing epg but get nothing 0 events which makes me think it's not pulling epg
You not got another device you can try to see if it is getting EPG or try another plugin X-Streamity or XC-lite

Back