UK Only Rytec source for epg importer

No other device sadly ...but am I right in saying when you menu, setup, epg then epg importer ...if you run manual scan it should pull data ...mine gets 0 events

No other device sadly ...but am I right in saying when you menu, setup, epg then epg importer ...if you run manual scan it should pull data ...mine gets 0 events
It does sound as if your iptv providers epg is down. Try installing X-Streamity it won't make EPG for your main bouquets but you will be able to see if it is puuling them in or not plus you will also like the plugin.

X-Streamity.JPG

ANother thing when in EPG Importer you can just also go to sources and select your iptv provider the part that is ticked and you can press yellow to import current source

Also how are you pulling in your provider bouquets are you still using Jedimaker if so try updating bouquets throught that first.

I see this problem the other week.

untick all sources but leave E2m3u2bouquet ticked, press green to save, then yellow to manual scan this worked. you may need to leave it 30 seconds or so but it then started importing them.

I see this problem the other week.

untick all sources but leave E2m3u2bouquet ticked, press green to save, then yellow to manual scan this worked. you may need to leave it 30 seconds or so but it then started importing them.
He's using jedi e2mbouquet maker is a different plugin lol

Ok I still think I have epg problem..I updated to grogs rytec file and when I run epg importer i get 0 events even with all options ticked ...as a result have holes in my epg...

I tried the files by the chap who amended files called myrytec and now I run the epg I get event on the news and misc that his files included but still nothing on international sky etc...see pics.. bottom pic she's events pulled...from news and misc only

Attachments

• 20200510_152731.jpg
    20200510_152731.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 16
  • 20200510_152749.jpg
    20200510_152749.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 14
  • 20200510_152805.jpg
    20200510_152805.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 13
Ok I still think I have epg problem..I updated to grogs rytec file and when I run epg importer i get 0 events even with all options ticked ...as a result have holes in my epg...

I tried the files by the chap who amended files called myrytec and now I run the epg I get event on the news and misc that his files included but still nothing on international sky etc...see pics.. bottom pic she's events pulled...from news and misc only
so many people getting this issue at the minute driving me nuts lol!

if you're using openatv try online flash 6.3 thats what I use and works fine.

6.4 seems to be causing problems with epg importer.

so many people getting this issue at the minute driving me nuts lol!

if you're using openatv try online flash 6.3 thats what I use and works fine.

6.4 seems to be causing problems with epg importer.
Thanks maybe need to wait for some update ...was going to reflash etc but if as you say 6.4 is the issue then may as well leave it as it for now cheers

Thanks maybe need to wait for some update ...was going to refresh etc but if as you say 6.4 is the issue then may as well leave it as it for now cheers
some are getting it to work on 6.4 but there's obviously something still not right. i've had no issues on 6.3. so may be worth just trying 6.3 as it would let you and others know it may well be 6.4 still having a few teething problems.

The Rytec sources problem has been fixed.
The updated file is attached, courtesy of Abu Babiaz

Attachments

• rytec.sources.zip
    4.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Which date please?

6.4 from 1st September 2019
6.4 from 5th May 2020
6.4 from 9th May 2020
I'm not sure which dates are possibly affected bud sorry.

just going by what I've seen going on with 6.4.

seems to be causing issues with epg importer?

some are getting it to work on 6.4 but there's obviously something still not right. i've had no issues on 6.3. so may be worth just trying 6.3 as it would let you and others know it may well be 6.4 still having a few teething problems.
it's not atv 6.4 that's the issue, it's just the rytec source file epgimporter uses.

it's not atv 6.4 that's the issue, it's just the rytec source file epgimporter uses.
very strange, as it seems perfectly fine on 6.3.

I'm only assuming 6.4 has done something to the Rytec source file as that's not changed but the openatv has to a newer version.

The plugin is built for the receiver when the image is built. So if your image has a corrupt file, you will have the problem. If your image is built after the problem was fixed, you wont have the problem. Error occured on 26th April. It got fixed on 3rd of May. Any image newer than the 4th of May will not have the problem

If you reinstall the plugin after it was built following the error fix, you won't have the problem.

People really should start to say the date of the image. ATV ones are built almost every day and no two images will be the same.

The error was on 4.3 and 4.4 branch.

Last edited:
The plugin is built for the receiver when the image is built. So if your image has a corrupt file, you will have the problem. If your image is built after the problem was fixed, you wont have the problem.

If you reinstall the plugin after it was built following the error fix, you won't have the problem.

People really should start to say the date of the image. ATV ones are built almost every day and no two images will be the same.
could it just be the case of uninstalling the epg importer via remove plugins and then reinstalled through plugin downloads to see if it fixes the problem?

Back