UPC/NTL and not a complaint?? What's with that

wheelo

Admin
Staff member
TK Supporter
I received a text from empty hell today to thank me for my custom and loyalty.
to thank me they were going to upgrade my broadband up to a 5mb connection . . . FREE! to avail of this i had to disconnect my modem then plug it back in. too easy i hear you say, well here is the proof.

910243722.png

this is the before, and the after......

910246824.png

now as much as we all like to complain about them, this is one time that i can say well done to these people.

does anyone fancy putting up their speeds, just to Pee me off, and do i need to get a better package??

yeah, this came totally out of the blue, dont know whats up, but happy days all the same(y)

Heres my speed test wheelo, LOL they must have upped mine cause 3 weeks ago I was only getting 2.87 and I was on the 3mb package lol

thats the same as me anto, though they told me to uplug the modem, as i keep mine in all the time as i have their phone package too. glad to see two people not complaining about them for once lol

Ours was down yesterday for a while and I unplugged it, was just trying a few things to see if it would kick back in, but was down all over here,

But thanks would'nt have run the test only you posted :cheesy grin:

Will be able to sleep tonight now knowing your not the only one who got something from N THell ROFL

I had to call a few weeks ago to ask why i was paying for the 10mb connection when the 15mb was the same according to the brochure, they said oh you can upgrade for free through their website. At least they gave you a call!
anyway got the upgrade anyhow and im pleased with it i have to say

Jeez aldan, that is some discrepancy between your alleged speed and your actual speed, only 10% of paid for speed.
just in passing, if you wish to put in your speed as a picture, just click on the third icon from the right in the quick reply section, then enter the link adress(y)

Axxxo, your speed is faster than aldan's 100mbs service, how happy are you to be an NTL/UPC customer??? lol

I'm with eircom so i cant comment,Aldan check HERE,and look for Dr TCP,it tests your connection and will help you get the best out of it

Well im in the uk on virmin and pay for 20mbs heres a test i just ran mmmm not so good but i have had it upto over 19 the server i use is london as out of all of them nearest to me London is always the best
just ran another and its a bit better using firefox browser
onchrome which is meant to be much faster i get
so it also depends on your browser

Last edited:
must be a lot of contention linny, thats quite poor towards what you are paying for.

i get the same roughly with virmin on 20mb, when my box goes tits up im of to sly.;)

yes seems to depend on what time of day it is as to what i get. tbh i could sit her for the next hr keep doing tests and get different results- but i do think we have a lot of virmin customers in my area

no me neither i keep thinking of taking it back down, but cant be ar$ed to ring them espesh as some days i do get upto 19 and well suppose it dont help when ive got the whole house using it lol! boys on xbox or pcs all the time. maybe thats why its slow coz george plays a lot of COD as well as using the damn internet for facebook and msn - yup hes multitalented and can manage to do all 3 PLUS use his phone all at once
But yes i will look into it and complain agian lol!

had what speed you paying for??
hey wheelo youll love my latest one lol!
poop or what !!!!! told you it changes every minute
my upload speed has never been above 1.

Jeez aldan, that is some discrepancy between your alleged speed and your actual speed, only 10% of paid for speed.
just in passing, if you wish to put in your speed as a picture, just click on the third icon from the right in the quick reply section, then enter the link adress(y)

Axxxo, your speed is faster than aldan's 100mbs service, how happy are you to be an NTL/UPC customer??? lol

got that thanks.yeah could definitely be construed as false advertising.

well i contacted vermin this morning and she reset the modem so im a happy bunny
but apparently i do use a lot and have used over 5gb of upload/download over the last few weeks. Which is due to my son doing online gaming and dl'ing songs lol! so thinking of upgrading to 50mb - where apparently your on a different platform and should get a min of 45mb at its slowest. the 2, 5,10 and 20mb speeds all share the same platform
so thanks to this thread i got mine sorted!!!

Back