Satellite Upgrading from H2S to H7S, keep settings?

TedTash

I currently have a zgemma H2S, however, it's showing signs that it's coming to the end of it's life (needs power cycle ever few days or it's useless).

So, I've purchased a H7S and am wondering what the best method would be to basically copy my settings (inc. AutoTimer, Bouquets etc.) from the H2S to the H7S. Basically, I want to more or less "clone" the H2S. Anybody done something similar and care to share the "Dos and don'ts"?

I currently have a zgemma H2S, however, it's showing signs that it's coming to the end of it's life (needs power cycle ever few days or it's useless).

So, I've purchased a H7S and am wondering what the best method would be to basically copy my settings (inc. AutoTimer, Bouquets etc.) from the H2S to the H7S. Basically, I want to more or less "clone" the H2S. Anybody done something similar and care to share the "Dos and don'ts"?
Take a photo of each settings page. Tis a bit of a ball ache but that is how l have done it in the past for different make of box.(y)

I just make a settings backup and then open the backup with 7-zip and delete everything apart from the highlighted items in the etc folder.

2022-03-20_165126.png

Then do a settings restore on the new box.

Last edited:

Hi wher did u pick one up from? Was it already pre loaded with build

Hi wher did u pick one up from? Was it already pre loaded with build
sorry cant help with location of one , i gave up looking when my H2s gave up and went for a octagon sf8008 ( twin sat) with a choice of builds, would not go back to a zgemma now .

Thanks for all your help, I backed up using the Wooshbuild Plugin, modified the folder name from h2s to h7 and restored settings and it worked a treat.

Only downside is I have now discovered the H7S doesn't have a satellite loop out, so the feed to my bedroom TV is gone now.

Thanks for all your help, I backed up using the Wooshbuild Plugin, modified the folder name from h2s to h7 and restored settings and it worked a treat.

Only downside is I have now discovered the H7S doesn't have a satellite loop out, so the feed to my bedroom TV is gone now.
What was it connected to in the bedroom?
Another enigma2 box?
You can stream from one box to the other

What was it connected to in the bedroom?
Another enigma2 box?
You can stream from one box to the other

No, it was connected directly to the satellite input on the back of the TV. But I had no idea you could stream from on to the other (the H2S still has a bit of life in it). Is this an easy process.

No, it was connected directly to the satellite input on the back of the TV. But I had no idea you could stream from on to the other (the H2S still has a bit of life in it). Is this an easy process.
Ive never done it but @grog68 and @Willo3092 might be able to shed more light on it.
Not sure how it works but the master box needs a sat feed but I don't think the recipient box needs anything other than a tuner

You don't even need a tuner. The slave box streams over the network from a spare tuner on the master box.
It also imports the epg from it as well. (on ViX anyway).

on ATV you used to use a plugin called channel importer, install it on the slave box and it imported the channels and epg from the master box. I've not done it for a while so not sure if the plugin is still the way its done

Back