usb

bold

TK Veteran
just wanted to know what difference it will make if you leave the usb in the back of a zgemma h2h box. its geogbuild and use cable and iptv.

depends if you still have the flash image on there lol

if so, remove it otherwise box will flash each time you restart!

thank both. dont record anything, will it slow down my box if i dont have usb in. sometime on iptv changing channels is slow.

Shouldn't do but always better to have extra memory most zgemma boxes only come with 256mb memory so I prefer to use hdd for epg and all other stuff that takes up memory

This is what you will need to do for setting up usb for storage mate

Press the Menu button on remote and select Setup -> System -> Storage Device -> Initialisation -> YOUR USB DEVICE -> Red Button.
  • Once the initialisation has completed, hold the power button on remote until a menu appears and select Restart Gui.
  • Step 3 : Make sure the storage device is mounted correctly by pressing the RED button on the remote and selecting Plugins -> Mount Manager Your storage device should be listed and should say Mount: /media/hdd.
    If it does just press the exit button until you exit the menus, if it doesn't press the Green button to Setup Mounts and using the Left/Right arrows on the remote change the mount until /media/hdd is selected and press the Green button to save. Answer yes if prompted to restart the box.

the usb stick is used for more than just recording, it's used for timeshift, its used to store epg, its used to store picons.

If you dont have a usb stick then all of the above will try storing on internal memory which there is not much off so will cause problems eventually.

if you don't use a USB stick then expect the box to crash at some point

Back