Using the road properly

Trouble is who has right of way in the event of a collision in the eyes of the insurance company 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

In answer to your question, in UK, nobody has "right of way", there's no such thing as 'right of way' I'd expect insurance companies to take into consideration UK law.

I suppose the way I've interpreted the diagram is that the left lane is travelling very slowly, often due to roadworks or something, and we've got this clear right lane, so what I would do is drive all the way to end of the right lane, and expect to be merged in turn.
I can't anticipate any accidents here as the left lane is moving slowly.

Got to disagree with the dangerous driving, there maybe a sign saying lane closing or to filter but there’s no sign that says at what point to filter. Makes no difference if you filter half a mile from the end or at the end you still have to filter.

On the M62 at Saddleworth , this happens when it goes from 4 lanes to 3 , there are signs warning of this a mile away but idiots still insist on going to the very last inch at 70mph and squeeze in … we should be allowed guns on top of our cars and we can shoot the idiots , actually we should get paid bythe insurance companies to do it.

Imo you should use the full lane until the point it ends, what's the point having a big tailback in the first lane when two lanes are available? Unfortunately in practice people do not understand how to merge in turn and think that because they're in the left hand lane they have priority and that people in the right are cutting in.

Imo you should use the full lane until the point it ends, what's the point having a big tailback in the first lane when two lanes are available? Unfortunately in practice people do not understand how to merge in turn and think that because they're in the left hand lane they have priority and that people in the right are cutting in.
The exact same people would complain about bus lanes being wasted space aswell 😂

So if you are in a Q at the super market checkout it is ok if others push in front of you is it? which makes it slower for every one.

If there were two queues leading to the same checkout then the people at the front of each queue would take their turn, one queue wouldn't wait till everyone in the other queue had gone.

These drivers aren't pushing in, they're using the available lane until it becomes unavailable.

I agree if its slow moving traffic

Slow moving or not, each car in the left hand lane should let one from the right merge in. It's Merge In Turn ie take one turn each.

If there are 2 lanes going in and only one lane coming out then only one lane of traffic is going to move.
2 lanes merging just causes ill feeling and slows things down ultimately.

I worked in Norway for a while and they use the 'zipper system', a car from the left lane then a car from the right lane and son . It works because it's the law over there. We work on a 'my lane my right' principle.

I worked in Norway for a while and they use the 'zipper system', a car from the left lane then a car from the right lane and son . It works because it's the law over there. We work on a 'my lane my right' principle.
We don’t work on ‘my lane my right’ it’s just some driving believe it’s their right when it’s not.

If there were two queues leading to the same checkout then the people at the front of each queue would take their turn, one queue wouldn't wait till everyone in the other queue had gone.

These drivers aren't pushing in, they're using the available lane until it becomes unavailable.
In that case if there are 50 cars in the Q according to that, number 50 becomes 100 to enter the bottle neck. No wonder there is road rage if every one had that opinion!

Back