Viark Using Viark as slave to Enigma2 Motorised System?

Why would that be ?

They are just about like for like spec wise ! DVBC-T aside.
Well it's just my opinion but v8 is better spec apart from anything else, I have not seen any advert that says the viark has 4gb ram even if it has been stated on the forum. Have also read comments that the viark struggles with 4k

Well it's just my opinion but v8 is better spec apart from anything else, I have not seen any advert that says the viark has 4gb ram even if it has been stated on the forum. Have also read comments that the viark struggles with 4k
There are pictures in the Viark thread showing the motherboard of the sat 4k with 2 x 2gb ram chips visible. It get advertised incorrectly the UHD gets advertised correctly.

The Viark 4k will struggle with Stream relay 4k as will the UHD infact only the DRS2 seems to deal with stream relay 4k. Normal 4k is fine (y)

There are pictures in the Viark thread showing the motherboard of the sat 4k with 2 x 2gb ram chips visible. It get advertised incorrectly the UHD gets advertised correctly.

The Viark 4k will struggle with Stream relay 4k as will the UHD infact only the DRS2 seems to deal with stream relay 4k. Normal 4k is fine (y)
Fair enough but the v8 still works out quite a bit cheaper even accounting for a shorter sub

Viark on ts way and the two switches as shown in the attachment have arrived.
As I think I understand it, the priority is not really a diseqc switch. It just gives priority to the master receiver if the master receiver when ON is sending a 13v/18v voltage to the LNB. If the receiver is turned OFF then the switch is switched to the other receiver (Viark)??
The Viark has a standard Diseqc switch attached to its LNB input. The two ports are connected to (1) Motorised Dish - via the priority switch and the (2) Sky dish, Will this work?? And if so what are the settings in the tuner menu for the Viark? Presumably USALS for all the satelltes except 28.2E (fixed dish). What would be the correct setting for this? Diseqc 1.0 or 1.1 or 1.2.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• Satellite (1).png
    Satellite (1).png
    20.8 KB · Views: 7
I have connected 2 boxes with the goobay switch. Just leave all settings as they are. The solo2 has a fixed dish and motorised dish connected and is the master connection, the V8 uhd is then connected to slave and it all just works. I am using usals on both boxes.
I don't use diseqc so can't comment on that.
This is gonna be the setup that I try over this weekend. My Sky Q Box is going back in a month & I'd like to get some use out of my Vu+ Solo2 along with the Viark 4K I'm currently using. So hoping that fixed dish into Solo2/Motor into Solo2 split with motor into Viark 4K will work and allow both boxes to move the motor dish.

This is gonna be the setup that I try over this weekend. My Sky Q Box is going back in a month & I'd like to get some use out of my Vu+ Solo2 along with the Viark 4K I'm currently using. So hoping that fixed dish into Solo2/Motor into Solo2 split with motor into Viark 4K will work and allow both boxes to move the motor dish.
Struggling to find a supplier that has 28.2e on stream relay though. Don't really need it, but I do like a good challenge.

I'll be very interested as to how you get on - good luck!

I split my motor feed between solo 4k and viark just using a dc bypass splitter. I turn one receiver off and power up the other and both can drive the dish. Remember that you have to activate each satellite in the viark menu to use usals.

I split my motor feed between solo 4k and viark just using a dc bypass splitter. I turn one receiver off and power up the other and both can drive the dish. Remember that you have to activate each satellite in the viark menu to use usals.
I ordered one of the Goobay Priority switches, so I'm hoping that both boxes into the switch, then the LNB out to motorized dish will do me ok. I'll have to wait and see if I need to power down either box to use the other one.

Hi
I have now got my Viark, Goobay priority switch and a Technomate A/B diseqc switch and connected it up as per my diagram as posted previously. Unfortunately the VU+ always supplies power to the LNB unless you put it into 'deep standby'. Doing this means a long wait while the when you switch the VU+ back ON as it has to boot up. I have now changed the wiring configuration so that the Viark is now the 'Master' and the VU+ is the 'Slave' - this seems to be a better option. In the Installation menu I have set all the 'motorised' satellites to DiSEqC 1.0 - LNB 1 and Motor to USALS. For the SKy dish I have set DiSEqC 1.0 - LNB2 and Motor to None.

Attachments

• Satellite Modified.png
    Satellite Modified.png
    21.8 KB · Views: 4
Thats why i always put my solo 4k into deep standby during the day and night. I don't like power going to the motor all the times.

Back