Viark Using Viark as slave to Enigma2 Motorised System?

Jerboa

I have a Vu+ Duo4k running my motorised dish in my living room, I only have one lnb feed coming in, I want to slave my viark4k to the Vu+ box, is there a way to split the feed to either box and have to Vu+ running the dish?

I have a Vu+ Duo4k running my motorised dish in my living room, I only have one lnb feed coming in, I want to slave my viark4k to the Vu+ box, is there a way to split the feed to either box and have to Vu+ running the dish?
You would need to run a switch between the two.

If your running a Unicable LNB for the Duo 4k you could just use a splitter and feed the Duo 4k and the Viark from the splitter.

I have the same set up i use a solo 4k to drive the dish and just use a splitter with dc bypass on all ports just behind both boxes. As long as one is in standby the other gets the feed. I've been using this for a couple of years.

Splitters and switches all loose you signal strength, not good for satellites that may already be a fringe satellite to you.

Thanks for your replies regarding the V8 vs Viark. A question on the back of this (but I'm not sure if it's in the right trhread..) is to do with set up :-
At present I have a VU+ Duo 4K with a motorised dish and a fixed Sky dish. The Sky dish has multiple outputs. At present one output goes to the Tuner B of the VU+ and another goes to the TV (Freesat). The motorised dish is connecetd to Tuner A on the VU+. If a purchase a second box I understand that I can use a DC pass through splitter to connect the V8/Viark to my motorised dish. This will enable me to control the dish with either box?? But also will I able to use a diseqc switch to connect the V8/Viark to a spare output on the LNB of the Sky dish? Or could i just use two switches without a splitter? I enclose as an attachment a proposed wiring layout but with no details of switches or splitters.

Attachments​

• Satellite Connections.png
    Satellite Connections.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 12

Ok. So if I purchase a Goobay priority switch as described here:-

About this item​

• Connection of 2 SAT receiver at 1 coax cable (Master/Slave connection)
  • Master output: receiver (1) connected and control LNB output / program switching
  • Slave output: receiver (2) connected and control LNB output/program switching only, if the Receiver (1) is switched off / Standby
  • Receiver Off/Standby is defined by no DC
  • Control signal is 13 V / 18 V, 22 KHz ON/OFF, DiSEqC from receiver 1/2
Then that should take care of the control of the motorised dish by either receiver?? The fixed dish is connected to the second LNB input of the VU+ but what about connecting the fixed dish to the Viark?.

The 'About this Item' says control signals use DisEqC does this imply that using USALS is not an option?

Sponsored

About this item​

• Master output: receiver (1) connected and control LNB output / program switching
  • Slave output: receiver (2) connected and control LNB output/program switching only, if the Receiver (1) is switched off / Standby
Then that should take care of the control of the motorised dish by either receiver?? The fixed dish is connected to the second LNB input of the VU+ but what about connecting the fixed dish to the Viark?.

The 'About this Item' says control signals use DisEqC does this imply that using USALS is not an option?

Sponsored
Not sure you can configure the Viark to two different diseqc protocols at the same time, it is no where near as clever as E2.

About this item​

Sponsored
I've just got mine today and connected it up to my solo2 and V8 uhd. Firstly pleasantly surprised as virtually no loss of signal strength or quality. Both boxes are set to usals and strangely either box can move the dish even with both boxes on! Will need to experiment further as I don't want to end up damaging either box.

I've just got mine today and connected it up to my solo2 and V8 uhd. Firstly pleasantly surprised as virtually no loss of signal strength or quality. Both boxes are set to usals and strangely either box can move the dish even with both boxes on! Will need to experiment further as I don't want to end up damaging either box.
Hi Spanner123
Can you give some details as to how you connected boxes up? What switches did you use? You are trying to connect 3 boxes to one motorised dish? Have you got a fixed sky dish as well?

I've added a few details to my wiring diagram. Will it work?? The Diseqc A/B switch - does it have to be a particular type?

Attachments

• Satellite (1).png
    Satellite (1).png
    18.3 KB · Views: 15
Hi Spanner123
Can you give some details as to how you connected boxes up? What switches did you use? You are trying to connect 3 boxes to one motorised dish? Have you got a fixed sky dish as well?

I have connected 2 boxes with the goobay switch. Just leave all settings as they are. The solo2 has a fixed dish and motorised dish connected and is the master connection, the V8 uhd is then connected to slave and it all just works. I am using usals on both boxes.
I don't use diseqc so can't comment on that.

I have connected 2 boxes with the goobay switch. Just leave all settings as they are. The solo2 has a fixed dish and motorised dish connected and is the master connection, the V8 uhd is then connected to slave and it all just works. I am using usals on both boxes.
I don't use diseqc so can't comment on that.
With your set up are you able to access the fixed dish with your V8?

Back