Vermin + IPTV Vod problems

lloydy304

So my sub ends in a couple of weeks and I have had very few problems with live streams, however the providers vod has always been crap, hit and miss whether it wants to load chosen movie or show.

I have been using a 4k firestick I have 250mb virgin and always used my vpn which averages around 30-40mb speeds.

Not sure what's wrong with iptv vod service as it was the same crack with the provider before this one useless.

Am I doing something wrong should I be clearing firestick cache or are virgin blocking vod even with VPN.

So my sub ends in a couple of weeks and I have had very few problems with live streams, however the providers vod has always been crap, hit and miss whether it wants to load chosen movie or show.

I have been using a 4k firestick I have 250mb virgin and always used my vpn which averages around 30-40mb speeds.

Not sure what's wrong with iptv vod service as it was the same crack with the provider before this one useless.

Am I doing something wrong should I be clearing firestick cache or are virgin blocking vod even with VPN.
You can change player for VOD, have you tried this?

Tried in the past mate.
I don't want to mess around with downloading players.
Provider sent me app link with setup, they work now and then so don't think its player issue.

Tried in the past mate.
Provider sent me app link with setup, they work now and then so don't think its player issue.
I mean within the Android app, you have a choice if players, VLC, exo etc

If it was an EPL block on their VOD servers you’d need the VPN set to an EU location when the footy is on. Tried a few services that were like that

Tried in the past mate.
Well to be honest if you don't want to download vlc or something which I can't understand why you wouldn't if it solves the issue you need to buy a plex server.

The problem is VOD files could be 1 of quite a few codecs where as IPTV is stable on exo player. VLC is pretty much bullet proof. Pablo mentioned some apps have it built in XCIPTV is one.

There may be a problem with the vpn side you seem to lose alot of mpbs if you have 250.and end up with 30 to 40! I have 65mpbs and 55 mpbs with vpn on, try changing your vpn.
Or have I missed something

Depends how he is measuring it there is a app or something for virgin media which you can use and it will tell you how much bandwidth a device is using. So to watch IPTV with VPN on may not be unreasonable at 30 to 40 meg req speeds

Depends how he is measuring it there is a app or something for virgin media which you can use and it will tell you how much bandwidth a device is using. So to watch IPTV with VPN on may not be unreasonable at 30 to 40 meg req speeds
Yes I understand that, but gliching is more likely with a poorer vpn, imo of course

Speed test is direct from firestick app. Before vpn on its 250-300mb over wifi.
VPN on and depending on server chosen is around 20-30mb. I use purevpn and app.

There's something wrong there mate I have 515 meg and it drops max down to 490 on the weekend

Just did a test on my pc with vpn on and I get better averages 80-90mbs. Could be my vpn provider is throttling the firestick app bandwidth?

You don't need a VPN for VOD and series etc.
Turn it off and see if the VOD works.
I don't use one for IPTV at all and never have, I use one for e2iplayer, more often than not it has more options than providers VOD, and half a dozen links for each movie/episode

You don't need a VPN for VOD and series etc.
Turn it off and see if the VOD works.
I don't use one for IPTV at all and never have, I use one for e2iplayer, more often than not it has more options than providers VOD, and half a dozen links for each movie/episode
Ok mate will give it a go. I'll also put router in modem mode as I have an asus router kicking around. When I first got sub, nothing worked with vpn off.

Ok mate will give it a go. I'll also put router in modem mode as I have an asus router kicking around. When I first got sub, nothing worked with vpn off.
That's probably your broadband settings, if you have surfsafe or net nanny settings turned on, no IPTV will work.
VM don't generally block IPTV except when live EPL is showing and even then it's only a token gesture at the season start

That's probably your broadband settings, if you have surfsafe or net nanny settings turned on, no IPTV will work.
VM don't generally block IPTV except when live EPL is showing and even then it's only a token gesture at the season start
same here with virgin blocking,only happens at the start of the season then stops after a couple of weeks

Back