Viark Sat 4k motor issue

ishe12345

Since upgrading firmware to 1.14 on Viark, I've noticed motorised dish moving on it's own when the box is on standby.

Is there any setting that can stop this happening?

That's a bit odd, i would not expect any power down the coax in standby. Doubtful is there was a setting to stop it as it should not be doing it.

You no timers set or anything like that ?

Last edited:
No timers setup...

Am trying to work out whether it's something to do with performing last scan...

scan channels on 28.2e
switch to freeview channel on 28.2e
move / scan channels on another sat... 8w
once complete, move / switch back to freeview channel on 28.2e
put box on standby
after certain time the motor has moved (not sure if it has moved to 8w - last scan)
I know this as I have box in another room running from same dish (twin lnb) not picking up channels from 28.2e as expected
switch on box - motor will move back to 28.2e freeview channel that it was left on

tis' strange...
...but like you say there shouldn't be any power down the coax in standby.

If you set it up to do a scan of all the sats it would be doing it all on its own going from one sat to another.

But its in standby so its not that. As you know it should wake up from standby on the channel you last watched.

Only scanning single sats one at a time.

I'm sure this strange behavior only started happening after updating firmware to 1.14.
Reluctant to downgrade as probably might lose sp1/sp2.

Will play around when I get more time.

Can not see it been a fault in 1.14 I'm running mine on it with a usuals motor as are a fair few other members.

I was just heading off to bed last night and as i'm in the bathroom i hear the dish moving. All receivers are in standby and it scared the hell out of me as i don't have locks on how far it can go. I run off downstairs and pulled the plug on the viark. I'll check the settings tonight.

I've just found this thread because my missus is telling me that the dish is moving itself while I'm at work. Did anyone find out for sure why it might happen?

Should I be looking at "Channel List Auto Update in CHMax Setting" first of all?

Thanks.

was working on the car today and i noticed the dish moving left and right.went indoors and the viark had went into standby mode as the tv was off and it was moving the dish.
weird

I was just heading off to bed last night and as i'm in the bathroom i hear the dish moving. All receivers are in standby and it scared the hell out of me as i don't have locks on how far it can go. I run off downstairs and pulled the plug on the viark. I'll check the settings tonight.

Haha. Exactly same thing happened to me. My dish was on its own and I was wondering if the forever people doing some tricks!!

I turned off all USALS settings since. Now I know why so can turn back on.

Cheers

Back