Viark VIARK TYPE BOXES

Your dish is it running a Universal, Hybrid or unicable LNB ?

These need setting up differently in the installation menu.
Just went up there and had a look, turns out its a 6 port (discovered 2 extra ports) EL010 hybrid lnb.

Left it turned off for an hour or so and now tried retuning BT Sport 2 again manually, got it working.

I'm doing another blind search now, if there's any transponders that are missed, I'll just manually add them.

Yes i have noticed between the hours of 4pm-6pm uk time sky uk can go off on the boxes but doesn't stay off too long its like some kind of maintenance kicks in

Yes i have noticed between the hours of 4pm-6pm uk time sky uk can go off on the boxes but doesn't stay off too long its like some kind of maintenance kicks in
When I read things like this I’m thinking twice of ordering the box. Really appreciate all the info though. When you say sky U.K. goes off, is it everything from bbc and itv or is it the scrambled channels?

When I read things like this I’m thinking twice of ordering the box. Really appreciate all the info though. When you say sky U.K. goes off, is it everything from bbc and itv or is it the scrambled channels?
fta channels still work, it’s just the premium hd paid channels which don’t open.

I am the same, was gonna order a viark box this week, but gonna hold off now, just seems like they are having too many problems, stick to my Euro sat for now.
Some guy mathew keeps popping up all over the place under various names flogging the new c/s line and doing people like a kipper. Pretty sure admin are on to him
Yeah he posted about getting a new n-line last month with working hd sky channels, it then turned out that he was one of the ones selling the new c/s system, they were looking £150 for a year at that time, then a few weeks later it dropped to £75 a year, are you saying that whoever took these lines got fleeced?

Im sure if cable came back people will jump at the chance of sending money to the "miracle sellers"

I find it pretty baffling to see people paying out the amounts they are for these devices and subscriptions even when they're reading all the uncertainty around them. Until anyone from this forum who was worth listening to about CS says it's worth taking a punt on these viark boxes I'd give them a very wide berth.

Thats why only taking monthly subs is the best option, anyone that paid £150 or £75 to them havent had their heads screwed on properly.
Totally agree but what if no monthly offered. Its down to common sense then. Nothing to say this will not last but as we know its a new system and nobody ever thought sky c/s would be cracked. Anyway this is a viark type box thread not E2.

Intresting Thread this one.
Got the Viark sat 4k box delivered monday from Germany, basic box now and next epg only.

installed latest 104 firmware

not tested 28.2 today yet nothing clearing on the sat yesterday...got it motorized with a motor i have had for years, only using Sky dish and quad lnb but so far got 28.2, 19, and 13 sats installed.

cannot pick 42e with such a small dish.

does anyone have STV HD I did at the beginning now its gone lol.
Try putting some serious skew on your LNB. Like down to '1' and beyond. That's what's worked for me to pick up 39e & 42e on my Sky dish.

Is that on a zone 1 dish?
Yep on a zone 1 mate. I can go from a low SNR with lots of missing tp's to 60-70%+ SNR on all tp's on 39e just by heavily scewing the LNB.

I've watched 39e much more, due to the available content, although 42e acts pretty similar too. Same even when manually pointing my 80cm Triax (minus motor) at these sats.

At the other end of the arc you can get away with pretty much any kind of scew, or lack of it, with 30w but 39e & 42e certainly like plenty of it.

28.2 not clearing so had to do a scan of channels to get them work in again.
Was looking at putting a Vpn on the box but looks as if I can't.
It looks like you cannot add openvpn certs.

Everthing is a gamble, they could get the servers raided tomorrow, if someone only has a fixed dish at 28e then it is a gamble, however these boxes open so many channels on several satellites that E2 CS doesn't open.

Back