Viark VIARK TYPE BOXES

Wht does that mean so is 28e coming back
Nope it means the opposite.

If it did come back, then the above mentioned channels would remain black, and seeing as this is the 2nd test, it's not likely to be long before the rest of the HD channels switch over too.

All Sports except BT, Eir and Laliga now using ICAM

Only 1 movie channel (Hits HD) currently using ICAM

Most entertainment channels are now using ICAM (Nat Geo, Wild, History, History 2, W, Gold, Dave, Comedy Central, Itv2,3,4, MTV, Alibi, TLC, E!, Syfy, Crime & Inv, RTE1,2 and TG4 are the only ones that don't seem to have switched yet).

Kids channels don't appear to have switched yet.

Long and short of it is, it's game over on 28.2E, it won't be back on viarks (or E2) anytime soon.

3 bullet nose LNB's and a bracket to mount them all is just as expensive as a motor. @steptoe is right minimum of 80cm better with 100cm to get those sats stable with a multi LNB setup.

You could however motorise an existing zone 2 sky dish and get a lot more than 13,16 and 19.
Do you know if I could pick up 42e and 16 for English commentary football on a motorised zone 2 dish in South East England? Am very close to finally ordering the bits but don't think I'll get away with a massive dish

Do you know if I could pick up 42e and 16 for English commentary football on a motorised zone 2 dish in South East England? Am very close to finally ordering the bits but don't think I'll get away with a massive dish
I would doubt it.
How big is a zone 2 dish,?

Yes if you motorised the Zone 2 dish, ive done this install for many mates with dish size restrictions for what ever reasons. 16e can be tricky as some TPs are weaker than others but its douable for the Tps you want the football on.

See these pics 2 of my zone 2 motorised dishes. Zone 2 dishes are around 60cm tall and 78cm wide and are surprisingly efficient.

Attachments

• Zone 2 stab.jpeg
    Zone 2 stab.jpeg
    471.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3086.JPG
    IMG_3086.JPG
    424.8 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Yes if you motorised the Zone 2 dish, ive done this install for many mates with dish size restrictions for what ever reasons. 16e can be tricky as some TPs are weaker than others but its douable for the Tps you want the football on.

See these pics 2 of my zone 2 motorised dishes. Zone 2 dishes are around 60cm tall and 78cm wide and are surprisingly efficient.
I keep thinking about doing this, seeing as the tree's block my 1.2m channel master for most of the year now (which is getting worse and worse each year), but then I look up and think nope, I hate ladders lol.

I keep thinking about doing this, seeing as the tree's block my 1.2m channel master for most of the year now (which is getting worse and worse each year), but then I look up and think nope, I hate ladders lol.
Strap the ladder if possible if not get a mate to foot it. If your really not good with heights find a mate that is and have him fit it with your guidance and you just tweak the arc.

Heights never been a problem for me spent 12 months of my youth felling trees with a chainsaw in hand at silly heights.

Do any of you chaps record on the viark? I had recorded a WWE feed the other week. On screen it said it would record for 2 hours based on the the size of the memory stick. But it cut out after an hour with the memory stick only half full.

I haven't had any problems recording and I have previously recorded the F1 and MotoGP races for up to around 4 or 5 hours but playback control on it is crap so I remove my USB stick and play back from my PC onto my projector.
Even though I have tried it formatted as both FAT 32 and NTFS it still seems to want to record in short blocks of around 45 minutes so there is always a momentary pause as it changes from one block to the next and sometimes it freezes at parts of the playback but I think that is a problem with the TS file that it records in.

I think you will find fat32 formatted restricts file sizes to about 4gb, which could be why the recording stopped

The memory stick was fat32 formatted, so it recorded three 4gb files, whereas I there should have been about 6.

I'll try again tonight hopefully with better results.

I think you will find fat32 formatted restricts file sizes to about 4gb, which could be why the recording stopped
As I said I used both FAT 32 and NTFS and it still made multiple files, not sure how big but I think they were smaller than 4GB, which I would have expected when it was done as FAT 32 but as long as the stick was big enough then it would just continue to make additional files.

Back