Viark VIARK TYPE BOXES

My viark sat 4k is not clearing 16e at the moment. PT is showing as disconnected. How do you turn it back on? ##update its working on 0.8e and with a lot of messing around an not really achieving anything its started working again on 16e##

Last edited:
Thanks for this.

I have just bought a used box, I don't think it's been updated in a while. Do I add the bin file to a usb and update this way? Anything else I should know? The subscription will be unaffected?

It's currently not driving my motor, i'm hoping the firmware update will fix this, but is there anything else I could be missing here? All settings seem fine.

Thanks for this.

I have just bought a used box, I don't think it's been updated in a while. Do I add the bin file to a usb and update this way? Anything else I should know? The subscription will be unaffected?

It's currently not driving my motor, i'm hoping the firmware update will fix this, but is there anything else I could be missing here? All settings seem fine.
There known for motor issues later firmware did help some.

To update firmware add bin file to USB

Menu-setting option, then we select the update option
Navigate to your USB or micro SD card, and press OK on the remote then select the Firmware bin and press OK with the remote. Ignore the warning message and click YES the update will start which takes around 5 mins, once the process is finished , the drs2 will restart you then need to set it up again as it boots.

No you wont loose the sub its linked to the serial number of the box which is unaffected by the update.

Thinking of getting a Viark but is there more than one version, saw a bit about a Deco ie deco viark sat 4k is it the same? Does the Viark have iptv like the starsat 2000hd extreme?

Do I have to buy it with software pre loaded? Saw one on a german shop

Hi All ... about to buy a Viark Sat 4K which I am told will arrive with factory software 2.0 installed. Assume I can just install latest bin file via usb. Anyway can anyone comment on how the Movistar [1810] & Sly De [098C} packages are performing? Is it possible to setup vpn on the box [my isp router is stiched up so cant add at touter level]

Last edited:
Thinking of getting a Viark but is there more than one version, saw a bit about a Deco ie deco viark sat 4k is it the same? Does the Viark have iptv like the starsat 2000hd extreme?

Do I have to buy it with software pre loaded? Saw one on a german shop
Deco is a translate for Decoder or box to me and thee.

The Viarks come with 3 month IPTV it may be 3 years now like the Sub to sat channels. If not on the Sat 4k there is method in this thread to extend the IPTV for the duration of your sub.

Hi All ... about to buy a Viark Sat 4K which I am told will arrive with factory software 2.0 installed. Assume I can just install latest bin file via usb. Anyway can anyone comment on how the Movistar [1810] & Sly De [098C} packages are performing? Is it possible to setup vpn on the box [my isp router is stiched up so cant add at touter level]
Sly DE is working not watched Moviestar for a while ill take a look tomorrow.

There is a VPN section ive not tried it though i just route the Viark through the VPN on my router.

Hi - thanks for your reply.
All my current receivers are E2 boxes that I 'know' my way around so no problem conIfguring vpns at box level.
Have to admit I know virtually nothing the Viark Sat 4K. I have seen that there is VPN entry under Menu/Net & Games but I don't know any more than that. To be honest I don't even know the right questions to ask at the moment but here goes ..
Can you access the filesystem to install/manage VPN configs?
Could I ask you look into the VPN section to see what the options are ?
As for Mov*star[1810], well for the last few months they have been implementing timed measures that result in all main events like the big football games being unwatchable. Sly DE seems to be going the same way [e.g Bundesliga] - at least this is the case for all E2 lines I have tried

No there is no access to the Viarks file system. Its closed firmware.
VPN Options are basic URL-IP, User,Pass,Encryption on or off and autostart.
Movie Star is clearing now obviously no football at the moment.
Sly DE are playing with ICam

No there is no access to the Viarks file system. Its closed firmware.
VPN Options are basic URL-IP, User,Pass,Encryption on or off and autostart.
Movie Star is clearing now obviously no football at the moment.
Sly DE are playing with ICam
So in theory I should somehow be able to use the built-in Viark Sat 4K vpn client with my Nordvpn? Any chance of a screenshot of the VPN menu

Did you use the username and password from Nords Dashboard ?

Example

User 5YTNGDQCPPePkqYroGsCEAZH

Pass XeTPums47cxbgtTYNxNBvxmS

Yeah. I’m not sure on the ip/url though. I took the IP address from the ASUS Merlin router - the one that auto fills after uploading a the OpenVPN file onto the router.

1656274587744.png

Your not on merlin there ?

Service state set that to on and apply the setting.

Then at side it should look like this

test.png

Your not on merlin there ?

I was too lazy to logon to the router so I took a screen grab from the nordvpn website lol (I think it’s an older version of Merlin running on the RT-AC87U)

I kept getting connection timeout errors - I’ll give another server a go tomorrow

I took this IP

1E1EC1B2-D3B3-4938-8484-2DD72FC53A83.jpeg

What I am trying to work out, is if it is possible to run a vpn [i have a nordvpn a/c] on the viark sat 4k where my isp suppled hub is stitched up [no chance of uploading conf files etc]. It's all easy on E2 boxes but different with closed f/w on viark.

Back