Viark VIARK TYPE BOXES

Does Nova TV Greece clear for anyone at 13e? All Nova channels clear for the first few seconds before returning to scrambled for me on a DRS2.

So i tried the Turkish VPN, I also saw mention of a South African VPN earlier in this thread. Neither worked. It's still the same, channels clears for a few seconds, then scrambles.

What I am trying to work out, is if it is possible to run a vpn [i have a nordvpn a/c] on the viark sat 4k where my isp suppled hub is stitched up [no chance of uploading conf files etc]. It's all easy on E2 boxes but different with closed f/w on viark.

I don’t think it is. Tried another server the other day but didn’t get anywhere.

If you know of any vpn provider that gives the IP address of the server and ideally doesn’t require a credit card for a trial, I’ll give it a go.

So i tried the Turkish VPN, I also saw mention of a South African VPN earlier in this thread. Neither worked. It's still the same, channels clears for a few seconds, then scrambles.
Which VPN did you use?

Which VPN did you use?
I used CyberGhost. I did it at Router level temporarily to test Nova, but neither worked. The box was definitely going through the VPN, the weather location in the menu changed.

I spent ages trying various settings in the Viark VPN menu, but couldn't get it to work at all. CyberGhost allows the IPSEC protocol, so it should have worked, but nothing.

I used CyberGhost. I did it at Router level temporarily to test Nova, but neither worked. The box was definitely going through the VPN, the weather location in the menu changed.

I spent ages trying various settings in the Viark VPN menu, but couldn't get it to work at all. CyberGhost allows the IPSEC protocol, so it should have worked, but nothing.

Are you able to load VPN apps from the play store on the DRS2? Also, give IPVanish a go.

Are you able to load VPN apps from the play store on the DRS2? Also, give IPVanish a go.
Thanks, I installed IPVanish as an app through the play store, didn't realise this was an option, so good to know. I chose turkey and the weather changed to Istanbul. Nova is the same though, clears for 5 seconds and then scrambles.

I'm on the latest software for the box, but it's full of bugs. The older version is more reliable apparently so I'm going to try factory resetting the box. It seems strange that the box is capable of decrypting the signal, it just stops doing it after a few seconds.

Thanks, I installed IPVanish as an app through the play store, didn't realise this was an option, so good to know. I chose turkey and the weather changed to Istanbul. Nova is the same though, clears for 5 seconds and then scrambles.

I'm on the latest software for the box, but it's full of bugs. The older version is more reliable apparently so I'm going to try factory resetting the box. It seems strange that the box is capable of decrypting the signal, it just stops doing it after a few seconds.
Just as an update to this. I factory reset the box, but it made no difference.

On the Forever Telegram page, they posted today that they fixed 11804 and 11823 transponders, but still the same for me. About 10 seconds, then "scrambled channel".

I've tried various VPN locations and protocols with no success. I'm beginning to wonder if it is the Viark box itself? Nova seems to work without a problem in Arabic countries, but they don't seem to use the Viarks there, they have other boxes connected to Forever pro from what I can tell.

Can anyone currently clear Nova? Novasports5HD clears for me the longest, so it's probably worth trying that one.

Just as an update to this. I factory reset the box, but it made no difference.

On the Forever Telegram page, they posted today that they fixed 11804 and 11823 transponders, but still the same for me. About 10 seconds, then "scrambled channel".

I've tried various VPN locations and protocols with no success. I'm beginning to wonder if it is the Viark box itself? Nova seems to work without a problem in Arabic countries, but they don't seem to use the Viarks there, they have other boxes connected to Forever pro from what I can tell.

Can anyone currently clear Nova? Novasports5HD clears for me the longest, so it's probably worth trying that one.

Same as you, Nova channels only clear for a few seconds, afaik they never did before.

There's an Arabic Facebook group I am on. The admins have regular contact with the Forever developers, and they seem to think something big is coming. From the hints, I believe it may be Bein Qatar, so not much use to most of us.

Since this announcement a couple of days ago, they have slowly started rolling out updates to all the boxes. I'm assuming this is related to the next package they plan to release.

From another forum, someone said this update contained:
It doesn't bring big news, the CHMax menu is now in a separate menu; allows you to put a new interface on it, which is for taste, but for mine at least, it's quite vulgar, so I've put the old interface on it, which I don't love either but it's more minimalist than the new one and I think it will give fewer problems as it is simpler.

There is no EPG Plus anymore and I think it's better that way.

Last edited:
Back