virus that has copied details

dee

TK Veteran
any one any ideas wot this could b as the partners mums had her ebay and bank account done. and any ideas on how to get rid of this pest.

any one any ideas wot this could b as the partners mums had her ebay and bank account done. and any ideas on how to get rid of this pest.

Am not an expert on this sort of stuff, but for this to happen I think it would have to be a keylogger running on your PC.

I use a thing called Malwarebytes AntiMalware (used to be free, not sure if it is now) but someone else may be able to advise better.

There are a few things to try. The first is stinger from McAfee, get it from http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/ , which generally gets rid of the latest virii. For a more general sweep, you could try MS Windows Defender, get it from http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&sourc...ZSBEyv0P_FQb3DAUQ&sig2=sq9EW4TVZegntRRo00SeBg.
You would then leave this running away in the background to hopefully prevent any further infections.
You could also download Avira Antivir, free for personal use from http://www.free-av.com/en/download/index.html
All of above are free.

You could get rid of M$ Windoze and install Linux, as there are no known virii in the wild, yet, although there have been proof of concept types developed.

Last edited:
I use malwarebytes antimalware, avira antivirus, and ccleaner.

Try using ccleaner everytime you logoff the internet.

If you want to be on the safe side, run HiJackthis and post the log for d4rkn1ght to look at.

thanks the lot of you. and please im not that daft to let that happen to me, the ungrateful **** has been using dodgy software. lol

Hey dee!

Ok... I apologize for the multiple "Coming soon..."s in this part of the forum, and I promise that it will soon be finished! :grin:

So... from what I hear, it sounds like the computer has been struck with spyware. The best thing to do right away is to change all passwords and online info. I'll start you off with the standard procedure. Note that these steps will be revamped when the computer forum is finished.

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and install it. Follow the prompts and reboot if required.

Launch Malwarebytes either by running C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe or double-click the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware shortcut on your Desktop.

Configuring Malwarebytes

• Click on the tab Settings.
• Make sure only these boxes are checked:
Code:
Terminate Internet Explorer
Automatically save and display logfile after removal
Always scan memory objects
Always scan registry objects
Always scan filesystem
Always scan extra and heuristics objects

Updating Malwarebytes

• Click on the tab Update.
• Press the button Check for Updates
• Wait for Malwarebytes to be fully updated.

Scanning Time

• Click on the tab Scanner.
• Check Perform full scan and click on Scan
• Wait for the scan to complete, and then click on Show Results.
• Make sure all items are checked, then click on Remove Selected.
**If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If you are asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.

Post A Log

• A text box will pop up after the removal process is over. Post the contents of the text here.
• If no text box pops up, launch Malwarebytes, and click on the tab Logs.
• The logs will appear as mbam-log-*date-*time.txt. Select the latest one, and then click on Open.
Post the log here.

39.jpg

Please download the HijackThis zip file. Save it onto a convenient place in your computer, and then unzip the file.

Rename HijackThis(.exe) to scanner(.exe).

Next, run scanner(.exe). A window will pop up.

• Click on the button which says Main Menu, then Do a system scan and save a logfile.
• Please wait for the scan to be completed.
• After the scan has completed, a text window will pop up. Please post the contents of this window here.

This will also be located at hijackthis(.txt) in the same folder that HijackThis was originally saved.

NOTE:: Do not fix anything using HijackThis, as this may also damage legitimate components of your computer.

39.jpg

Things I'll need in your next post:
1. Malwarebytes log
2. HijackThis log

Best Regards :grin:

Back