Vix 6 0 001 ipk's not installing

wilsock

TK Supporter
Flashed my VU+ box to the latest Vix image (6 0 001) however having trouble installing a couple of plugin ipk's, All4One and Dsayers picon updater. Anyone else having the same issues?

I also notice Samba is not working on the new Openvix image on zgemma but works on Vu Zero with settings restore just in case you did not check

So this was posted last night on other forum and explains my problem....

"The main change from version 5.4 to version 6.0 has been to upgrade from Python 2 to Python 3"

"Some plugins may not be currently compatible with python3 or the OE-A 5.0 core, streaming plugins may also require their respective author's to add dependencies for GST 1.xx."

At least there's a reason now, think this should have been posted at the same time the build was available to download:confused:

It has been well known for a long time that that the latest version of ViX would be python 3.
ATV 6.5 and 7.0 have been running for quite a while on python 3.
The only problem is that certain plugins can't be converted to python 3 without the authors involvement.
The only alternative is going to be to stick with older firmware or use a different plugin.

1636618866151.png

It has been well known for a long time that that the latest version of ViX would be python 3.
ATV 6.5 and 7.0 have been running for quite a while on python 3.
The only problem is that certain plugins can't be converted to python 3 without the authors involvement.
The only alternative is going to be to stick with older firmware or use a different plugin.

View attachment 67293
Thanks Willo, yeh for a mere mortal like myself who doesn't delve too much in to the workings of the firmware it's something of a surprise and no doubt will affect others who like to integrate their iptv with freeview on their boxes. Until authors or providers provide new plugins some of us are as you say stuck with the previous image.

Besides the plugin issues does Oscam work ok on version 6.0 with the soft cam manager i have had issues with Oscam keep stopping a couple version back

Switch off all the softcam manager settings as posted by Twol

Ensure you have config files in each of the softcam folders for each softcam in /etc/tuxbox/config/

Select 'Softcam Script' from MENU > SETTINGS

Select whichever softcam you want using the left/right buttons

Change the 2nd option to 'restart softcam' and press green to save.

1636635985476.png

Hi there, I am having an issue trying to install Xtremeditor 3.0.9 from an ipk on a fresh build of Vix 6. Firstly, doe XE work on Python 3 and if so what version and if not what can I use for IPTV as my supplier uses it for Engima2 users...........Spevs

Hi there, I am having an issue trying to install Xtremeditor 3.0.9 from an ipk on a fresh build of Vix 6. Firstly, doe XE work on Python 3 and if so what version and if not what can I use for IPTV as my supplier uses it for Engima2 users...........Spevs
I don't think there is a python 3 version available. A lot of IPTV providers seem to use apps that are not updated to python 3.
I would ask the provider if there's an alternative or if it is going to be updated because all of the main E2 images are python 3 now.
Otherwise it will be a case of sticking on ViX 5.4 or ATV 6.4 or trying to find an alternative plugin yourself.

Thanks guys for your info, it will be such a shame if I can't either get XE or something else like it to work on Vix 6 as it has been brilliant for watching and recording IPTV .

Back