Vm cable cut in garden

petert252

hi not sure if this is the right section to post in. Anyway next door are putting a fence up and they have just cut through the cable. Does anyone know what connectors and cable I need to fix it and where to get them from?

Its definitely the vm cable 3 small wires in one housing and 1 larger coxal cable. Thanks for the link. The lad doing the fence is just fobbing me off. But I'm not letting him put the post in until its fixed

hi not sure if this is the right section to post in. Anyway next door are putting a fence up and they have just cut through the cable. Does anyone know what connectors and cable I need to fix it and where to get them from?
Ring Virgin
It's a common occurrence and they don't charge for gardening accidents.
It needs to be repaired properly or replaced otherwise TV and broadband will suffer

The lad doing the fence is just fobbing me off. But I'm not letting him put the post in until its fixed

If he's legit ask him for his insurance details and take photos of the damage whilst it can be clearly seen that the fault lies with him.

If he doesn't play ball, appeal to your neighbour to rectify it.

Last resort, have it repaired through your own house insurance and get them to claim the costs back from your neighbour/the fencing contractor.

Ive got off phone to vm someone is coming out Monday. Never said if it was free or not. I've took pictures of the hole and cut cable.
The guy doesn't look like he will have insurance tbh.

If they split it they should fix it
I would be looking the cable replaced
I know but they are absolute scum bags who don't give a toss

Just bodged it together with some old coaxial cable and the f connector. Works a treat done a speed test and its good. It will do until permanent fix on Monday. At least ive got iptv back. Thanks for advice guys

Get the guys a call-out, have it fixed prop, tell um you got no service, no comeback then, all tested & good

Back