VM ROI

Been away for a while and just checked my box, everything showing a black screen. Are UPC acting the bollox with the football only days away from starting. My box is freezing/crashing every time I go to do a new scan so might have to do a full reboot.

Just thought I'd surface here after so long....been a while!!!!
Looks like it's back to business with cable then.

Was away for a while. Made rescan with good old cables.xml I provided in first post of thread. Found TV3 HD and BT Sports Europe HD. Still in D9

can that xml file be used anywhere here,others also asking about mmds? so box might need a fortnightly scan for new channels also?

Last edited:
can that xml file be used anywhere here,others also asking about mmds? so box might need a fortnightly scan for new channels also?
that xml file should be fine in Dublin including Swords. I dont have a chance to test it out anywhere but my home in D9. Ive seen reports people get full UPC with that file in Lucan

people in cork, limerick, galway should try xml and report if they receive something? I currently have 303 channels after scan.

Hi guys I'm completely new to cable so Im sorry if this is a stupid question but that cables.xml. Is there anyway that I can put it onto my Amiko mini combo? Have got a test line but I cannot seem to get in more than 42 channels and I live right in the city centre. :( Any help would be massively appreciated

Ignore above post I've brought in pretty much all of the channels. Using blind scans on different settings that I've come across on a few different threads on here. Thanks for all of the useful information on here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, new to this, in co kildare, what box and set up would any of you recomend to use on upg cable, or would a sat option be better, do I need to pay a subscription for cable or sat channels.
Thanks.

I can't help you with the choice of boxes for cable (there are so many, inc. zgemma with cable tuners) but there is an equal choice of sat and cable - both need a subscription, cable is more expensive but it does come with HD channels, sat does not.
Everything depends on what sort of a budget you have. You should start from there, and work away. There are plenty of threads about which box, ets. use the search function using "which box", "best box", and other such parameters, and you should be more confused than you are now die to over-information lol

I tend to suffer from information overIoad when I start researching a subject on line, its endless, and usually contradictory , leaving me non the wiser and sometimes pissed off with the fact that iv spent hours, days, reading and have gotten no where and still cant make a decision that im confident of.
So, lets say iv a cable subscription to NTI, basic package, is there a box that will decode ALL of what is there, ie; sports movies etc, like the old dreambox 500c did.
If I decide on a particular box, what else do I need to do when I get it, & what is meant by "a line".
Thanks.

I started UCP Ireland 7 day EPG project.
For that I use CrossEPG alias script and rytec uk xmltv source.
So far I have managed to create EPG for 108 channels so WIP.
You can find latest alias.conf file that has to be placed in /usr/crossepg/scripts/alias/ here: http://pastebin.com/ex5F4dUh

ya fecker you are still alive lol,ya beauty 7 day if only i had working channels.anymore info on other areas netids even by pm cheers.

nice box xtrend 8000 and you can have 2 cable tuners and with a spare port and one can add internal hdd.

where are you located at? i've noticed few channels have changed frequencies and cables.xml update is in works. hang on there.

Back