VOD Apps - Syncler, Plex etc.

Thanks mate,

Would that be the IPTV request thread?
I haven't seen anything specific to plex shares - unless of course I am looking in a wrong place that is.

Not all women are made equal guys.
We've dropped Sly package and since losing the "all in one" system the Q offered, she's done nothing but moan about it.

I am determined not to go back to sly, hence trying to get everything in one place - in a similar way she had it with Sly.

Are there any good set up guides for plex at all anywhere? I've never used it before, but having done some research, it seems I can connect multiple catch up services ( BBC iplayer, ITV hub, netflix etc. ) to transform it into an all in one hub.

If I can achieve that, I could possibly be onto a winner here!
what device are you using?

Most of the stuff was recorded.
For what wasn't recorded, there was the benefit of a "master search" option.

For example, in the same menu she could type what she was looking for and if it was available it would just play.
She struggles with flicking between apps etc. hence she's desperate to get back on SKY and pay silly prices - for that very reason.

Can't win sometimes!

A good Plex share will give you a great UI experience like Netflix with the least amount of clicking involved. Ive found with link scraper apps such as the ones which rely on Real Debrid, there’s usually an extra step involved when you click play where it collects the various link sources with quality and source information. For my family, even this screen caused some confusion and there are times where a link plays something completely different to what you are expecting. With a Plex share, it’s usually content that’s been collected and verified by the server owner themselves and as its all sitting on a dedicated server, there’s no link scraping involved.

I pay $5 a month for my share and it has a very impressive library, updated daily.

Last edited:
A good Plex share will give you a great UI experience like Netflix with the least amount of clicking involved. Ive found with link scraper apps such as the ones which rely on Real Debrid, there’s usually an extra step involved when you click play where it collects the various link sources with quality and source information. For my family, even this screen caused some confusion and there are times where a link plays something completely different to what you are expecting. With a Plex share, it’s usually content that’s been collected and verified by the server owner themselves and as its all sitting on a dedicated server, there’s no link scraping involved.

I pay $5 for my share and it has a very impressive library, updated daily.
Is that 5$ monthly

Back