Vod stopped working on zgemma, is there a plug in?

Popadoc

Hello All,

I had been using vod on my 2 zgemma boxes via extream editor. It has been working fine for years. Ive have the same supplier and the vod still works on my tablet no problem.
All of a sudden it stopped working on both zgemma boxes. I have tried matching the service app and the gseplayer options on the xtream settings and the service app settings and still nothing. Is there a new plugin I need to download to get them to play.
Oh and all my channels play just fine.

Many thanks in advance.

If xtream editor is above version 3 then VOD could potentially be in a separate plugin (press green button). It will however depend on version and settings.

Yes the vod is in the green button and always was. It used to play no problem but not the screen just stays black with the title of the movie across the bottom, but never starts.

I tried everything and nothing works. So I downloaded jedi from the plugin menu and its great. All works great and the vod. Great plug in. Just need to figure out how to get the epg working

I tried everything and nothing works. So I downloaded jedi from the plugin menu and its great. All works great and the vod. Great plug in. Just need to figure out how to get the epg working
you need to goto epgimporter and select the iptv service you setup in jedimaker also select all 6 items in rytec uk sat/virgin xmltv. I also suggest you try xstreamity to play vod and series it made by same guy who does jedimaker. It far easier to use than looking through bouquets for vod and series.

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    241.5 KB · Views: 41
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    172.6 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
yes should be available to download in plugins section as it is now on feeds.
Thanks a mill. Ill give it a go later

Thats a great player. Thanks a mill, your a legend. How do you search for a movie. I know you hit search and type it in, but how to you execute the search once the name of the movie is typed in?

Thats a great player. Thanks a mill, your a legend. How do you search for a movie. I know you hit search and type it in, but how to you execute the search once the name of the movie is typed in?
you press green button.

i cannot see the xstreamity plugin on my zgemma - I too am having the same problem finding vod on the XE VOD plugn. just a blank screen?
but I cannot find the plugin you mentioned. Could you help direct me?

Have you pressed yellow then blue for xe so it downloads vod and have you set vod to auto update when you open plugin

i cannot see the xstreamity plugin on my zgemma - I too am having the same problem finding vod on the XE VOD plugn. just a blank screen?
but I cannot find the plugin you mentioned. Could you help direct me?
Have you checked with your supplier that its working at the moment ? ,your iptv can be working fine but VOD could still have been disabled if they are sorting something with it.

yes it was a trial and conformed it should be working? we couldn't get it working with XE VOD ? I am now thinking of using a firestick for VOD and zgemma for the IPTV as we like the sly skin look.

just a thought? If i am changing provider is there a complete new box set up required ? ie. do I start again with "telnet" etc and completely rebuild the box ( I followed a youtube video last time from Geekystuff TV - very easy to follow. But I haven't done it for a year or so , so cannot remember. OR.... do I just restart/reload from somewhere to change the code and get a new line? I am running Zgemma H7 , wooshbuild with sky skin and have tried AE , but nit working on VOD content?

Have you tried changing skin incase of skin errors?

When trying another provider just re add id or follow there setup if they recommend another plugin

Thanks for that tip - no it was something I never tried? I had a trial and that was great , love dth bouqets and choice of channels , but the only thing was no VOD via the XE app. So I am considering using the firestick for the VOD only. it is just one more remote control to use I suppose.

Thanks for that tip - no it was something I never tried? I had a trial and that was great , love dth bouqets and choice of channels , but the only thing was no VOD via the XE app. So I am considering using the firestick for the VOD only. it is just one more remote control to use I suppose.
Why are you limited to using XE on the zgemma?
There's lots of better ways of viewing iptv using that box.
Jedimaker is about best IMV as it builds bouquets and also handles VOD easily

no real reason?, it was just the youtube video that directed me that way on my first novice setup and been using it ever since - I am happy to change now as I need to start again with a complete refresh. Is jedi a direct replacement for Xtreme editor then?

It's not a replacement it's just a plugin used to view iptv channels same as XE but I think it's better as you can have freeview, freesat and satellite channels all in the same epg as iptv channels.

would it work with the sky skin from wooshbuild . This works really well and the LG tv controller emulates the zgemma controller and works the bouquets . ?

At the moment I do not open a plugin separately to watch the TV and IPTV channels . I just click guide on the remote and the list is there. I assume (sorry for the ignorance) the same will happen even though I have jedi?

At the moment I do not open a plugin separately to watch the TV and IPTV channels . I just click guide on the remote and the list is there. I assume (sorry for the ignorance) the same will happen even though I have jedi?
Yes that is correct.
Yes you use the same skin

Back