VPN blocking some IPTV programs

shantijoe

Hi All

I'm fairly new to IPTV and started off by adding a VPN to my Firestick.

I've finally discovered that some of my VODs were only available (not producing ParserException errors) when my VPN was disabled.
The VPN connects to the Netherlands which is regulary recommended.

Has anyone else noticed similar problems? Might some VPN's behave in this way and others not?

Your suggestions appreciated, sj

Hi All

I'm fairly new to IPTV and started off by adding a VPN to my Firestick.

I've finally discovered that some of my VODs were only available (not producing ParserException errors) when my VPN was disabled.
The VPN connects to the Netherlands which is regulary recommended.

Has anyone else noticed similar problems? Might some VPN's behave in this way and others not?

Your suggestions appreciated, sj
Could just be that there is no file directory for what you are trying.
Are you using an external player like vlc or mxplayer a vpn can’t have an effect on vod playing or not that’s down to provider and his library of movies and shows.
Have you been trying it whilst football is on at weekend as could be that his vod servers was blocked

Are you using an external player like vlc or mxplayer a vpn can’t have an effect on vod playing or not that’s down to provider and his library of movies and shows.
Have you been trying it whilst football is on at weekend as could be that his vod servers was blocked
Not using an external just Tivimate Premium. No, it’s just vod that causes problems with the VPN active, thanks, sj

Ipvanish blocked the DC on my friends vod, any other vpn was ok and also no vpn was fine.

Just turn the vpn off not sure what the issue is.
He obviously wants what he assumes is the safety of a vpn

Not using an external just Tivimate Premium. No, it’s just vod that causes problems with the VPN active, thanks, sj
Try a different app to rule out issue with tvimate bud like iptv smarters see if you can replicate what’s happening

Did you read what I posted?
Yes, I’ve just returned to read the message.
How important do you feel a vpn is ?

ProtonVPN Free VPN Unlimited Bandwidth (Restricted to One Device)

There's a free vpn there if you wanted to give that a try instead of IPVanish.

Doesn't sound like your issue is related to the new super blocks as your channels are clearing fine.
That’s the vpn I’m using- Proton. Naming products or providers seems to meet with disapproval here. It take a while to ‘learn the rules’, thanks

Try a different app to rule out issue with tvimate bud like iptv smarters see if you can replicate what’s happenig.

Thanks but I was using an app (that I can’t mention) that was suggested by my provider but ran into bigger problems. He then suggested I go back to Tivimate…

Did you read what I posted?
Yes and do you think a vpn provides ‘safety’? Thanks

I read the thread about vpns and it implied they were necessary. What’s your take? Thanks
Some people like to use them some don’t me personally hate using a vpn so don’t use one.
Where as others like to use them

Thanks but I was using an app (that I can’t mention) that was suggested by my provider but ran into bigger problems. He then suggested I go back to Tivimate…
Have you spoken to your provider for him to check the movies your having issues with

Watching Vod 🤔 A live channel yes a movie nah.
HI Moshibeth,
I'm confused about "Watching Vod 🤔 A live channel yes a movie nah.". Do you mean a VPN is necessary for watching VOD or the opposite...? Thanks

Have you spoken to your provider for him to check the movies your having issues with
Yes, I've contacted him about VOD TV Shows producing ParserException errors. He can't find a solution but I may have done by disableing the VPN, thanks

HI Moshibeth,
I'm confused about "Watching Vod 🤔 A live channel yes a movie nah.". Do you mean a VPN is necessary for watching VOD or the opposite...? Thanks
He means vod should be safe as it's from a server, the live TV using a vpn makes more sense, I personally would use a vpn for any iptv/vod but that's my personal choice

A VPN isn't necessary unless you want to hide what you're watching from your ISP. However if you want to use it there are various vpns you could try and test to see which is best for you. Some providers will require a VPN when EPL is on to watch the service or even vod. This is normally on weekends though.

A VPN isn't necessary unless you want to hide what you're watching from your ISP. However if you want to use it there are various vpns you could try and test to see which is best for you. Some providers will require a VPN when EPL is on to watch the service or even vod. This is normally on weekends though.
Thanks, that's helpful. I understood VPN was a necessity, especially these days...

Back