VPN blocking some IPTV programs

A VPN is a tunnel from your computer/box to the VPN service to the server. You'll only need a VPN if your provider suggests e.g blocks. ISPs just see the traffic coming through and will possibly block that server or slow down (throttle) that line to the server (causing buffering). If buffering/black screen during playback, you may be able to alter settings on your router.

If it was then no service would be available to use without one. It's also country dependent. A VPN is peace of mind imo but not a necessity.

Last edited:
If it was then no service would be available to use without one. It's also country dependent. A VPN is peace of mind imo but not a necessity.
I think most of us are looking for peace of mind. In my case it seems to come at a high price if VOD will only work with the VPN disabled- Catch-22??

That's to do with the way the service you're using has been set-up. Might be worth asking your service provider for more information and what others are doing that use that service. If you're set-up in UK are you using UK location for VPN?

Not all services are aimed at the UK, or even originate from the UK.
Some say they have a VPN built in some dont.
Some work with, some without, if your provider won't let you use a vpn, swop providers.

Vod servers tend to be separate from live channel ones.
That's helpful but most seem to advertise everything...I'll try posting again for TV Show VOD priority, thanks

Some work with, some without, if your provider won't let you use a vpn, swop providers.
The ones I've tried haven't mentioned VPNs at all.....yet! thanks

Why swap providers if they won’t allow use of a vpn.
If people are happy not to use one then that’s there choice doesn’t mean you have to swap providers.
My provider didn’t allow use of them and been with them years of your willing to get me on a good server and pay for my triple room sub I will gladly move and use a vpn!!

If people are happy not to use one then that’s there choice doesn’t mean you have to swap providers.
My provider didn’t allow use of them and been with them years of your willing to get me on a good server and pay for my triple room sub I will gladly move and use a vpn!!
My provider has never mention a VPN- it's been my searching for a solution to ParserException errors that led me to try disabling my VPN. It seems to work...

Careful someone might take you up on that offer :ROFLMAO:
I will!

Plex is another good option and perfectly legal try that option.
I'll try a search for Plex. thanks

I said if he wants to use a VPN and his provider won't let him, then change providers. I wasn't telling everyone to change clearly.

Last edited:
My provider has never mention a VPN- it's been my searching for a solution to ParserException errors that led me to try disabling my VPN. It seems to work...
Is it a firestick your using also on tvimate does it give you a player option

I said if he wants to use a VPN and his provider won't let him. Change providers. I wasn't telling everyone to.
Why pay more money out for sake of a vpn tbh imo only lazy providers allow use of a vpn so it saves them putting work in when a block happens

Is it a firestick your using also on tvimate does it give you a player option
Yes a new Firestick but I'm not sure what a 'player option' is. I have downloaded a few players to try and settled on Tivimate Premium, thanks

Some still do offer plex bud the only thing I don’t like about plex is you have to wait for plex owner to update contents but other than that it’s a good backup to have
THanks

Back